I need three good questions!

by Dansk 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

If it were possible to get a JW to actually listen to us, which three good questions do you reckon might get him/her to sit down and think?

Thanks,

Ian

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

If I had only three...

1. Do you believe we should speak the truth and stand for truth no matter what men say? (Most JWs will answer YES!)

2. What would you do if you knew without any doubt that the JWs were asking you to teach something that was not true? Would you still support the false teaching or would you speak the truth? (I usually use the blood issue as my specific what-if false doctrine scenario) Please note, I haven't said the blood issue is false. That would scare the JW away. I have only said, what if...

All JWs I have put this scenario to have answered yes, they would support the blood isssue if they knew it was false because....ta da....this is Jehovah's organization.

3. Then I say something like, so if I couldn't trust you to tell me the truth where it involved my physical life, why do you think I would trust you with my spiritual life, my eternal life? Didn't you just tell me you would basically tell me a lie because you support the Watchtower one hundred percent no matter what?

At this point the JW will try to dig himself out of the hole by saying I don't believe they are teaching any lies. Bring them back to what they just admitted which is utterly damning to any claim they have as proclaimers of truth. They just admitted they would support a lie because they support the Watchtower no matter what. This has revealed their character and then you can say, how can I trust someone that will lie to me because they support their church no matter what they teach before they support the real truth?

Or my personal favorite, "Do you think Jehovah wants us to tell a lie or teach a false doctrine to show loyalty to a church? Can you show me an example of that in the Bible?

*watch JW leave* lol

If they did make the argument they would not tell a lie, not even for the Watchtower Society, you can then proceed to exposing a JW topic you feel confident in talking about where you can show facts and scriptures which destroy the JW viewpoint. (chronology, blood, et cetera)

• Valis
    Valis

If one really reads and applies Luke 9:49 why would you have to be a witness to be a "good" Christian?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If God does not punish sons for the sins of their fathers, how do you explain Adam's passing sin on to his offspring?

Is there a first century precedent for the positions of "pioneer" and "auxiliary pioneer"?

How does the permission of thousands of years of human suffering 'vindicate' or 'sanctify' god's name? Isn't there a scripture that says that if "someone knows how to do what is right, but doesn't, it's a sin for him"? How can that be reconciled with god's inaction in easing human suffering? Doing what he should have done thousands of years ago can't possibly sanctify his name. Procrastination doesn't normally have that result.

If 1935 was the cutoff date for new 'annointed ones', why has there been an increase in memorial partakers in some years? Are these old guys and gals sinning so much?

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Q. With all of the doctrinal changes and false predictions , DO YOU REALLY think Jehovah is going to kill Billions of people for not buying into it?

• Gadget
    Gadget

When they are shown all the problems in the organisation, such as the child abuse being hidden, being a member of the united nations, failed propheceys, ect, Jehovahs Witnesses often reply that despite all these things they know jehovahs witnesses are gods true organisation and they are sticking with it. Do you think the jews said something similar to the first century christians?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If you could really get one to sit still long enough for this type of fair discussion, how about this;

• What is the basis for the claim that Jehovah's witnesses are the exclusive mouthpiece of God today on earth?

Most witnesses will not have any idea - although some will state that Jw's have high morals, ect -Bring them back to earth with a repeated request for credentials. Then you will have answer the question for them- The claim is that they were selected in 1918 by Christ for showing faithfulness in feeding the domestics in his absence, based on the parable in Matt 24:25-27. They will agree to that.

• So, if we look carefully at the doctrines, practices, and teachings of the Bible Students just prior to that period, and especially just following 1918 (when God's spirit had supposedly settled down on His name people), Wouldn't we then be able to discern that the witness organization was clearly and indisputably being directed by Jehovah?

They will invariably agree with this point of view - since they are all under the misconception that the evidence supports that very conclusion.You could then present to them some old Watchtower quotes and history - it would have to be prepared in advance to assure that it is clearly just quotes and no 'apostate' verbage attached to it -

• Then ask if the evidence supports the assertion that Jehovah's witnesses were indeed selected by God in 1918?

They will then attempt to defend the position based on the 'well no matter what we believed then, we have the truth now, defensive strategy'. But kindly remind them that we just proved by quotes right out of the watchtower that it does not add up that they were selected when they state they had been. If they wish to chase something that the evidence disproves, that is for them to decide - but evidence is evidence. The original question was about the credentials - and we have shown they have none by historic references out of their own archives.

Could make for a decent discussion at least - without all the hype and heat that comes from a random exchange with them.

Jeff

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Now that's a Topic too !!! ...

I'm very bad at argumenting those things (it's getting me nervous so quick when they sticking to their weird arguments)
    it's not even about arguing it's about hearing there reasoning (they drive me CRAZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!)

Lately I've been in contact with my sister for hours on the phone ... I've finally decide to shut up on the subject as much as possible no to much why why why (for her to feel responsible) cause when we get there we both are yeling and I need my hears for music ... not the real reason ... she just yiell louder than I can ... LOL and we can't talk anymore then anyway so why bothering ) ...

I feel like she's just not ready to get it (to weak for now - in a situation that wouldn't make her confortable to get it somehow) ... I've even got to the point (cause she is obviously depressed) to let her trying to convince me (yes ) - I've even set up a day and an hour each week to call her ... (LOL ... I can't believe sh*t ) just because otherwise I won't be able to catch her attention at the right time when I'll and she'll be ready to ... how long will it take ... I'm scared of being tired before to get there (and honestly I already feel like)

What trully bothers me is ALWAYS the excuse ABOUT THE ORGANISATION (It'S almost unbelievable : that stupid argument that stuck to their mind ... it's all normal the wolf is in god's house ... so whatever argument you bring out (if they are not ready) ??? Geeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH ! ok that was just to vent ! Sorry !

So keep on giving ideas (who knows : sometimes the right word nor event at the right moment and it cliks in their mind !)

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Dansk
    Excellent question! Hope your are doing ok now mate.

MegaDude
    Nice line of reasoning - just the sort of reasoning JWs like to use in the ministry (leading questions etc)

FreeWilly
    Thought of this one myself. Could add an additional angle and say if you were God (and remember man is God's image possessing his same cardinal attributes) who would you start with at Armagedon? When you get no reply, you could push and say "well let's start with murders, terrorists, etc" and then point out that these represent less than 1% of the population. You could then move on to athesists, immoral people, etc. See when you start on innocent women and children.

AK - Jeff
    Brilliant reasoning.

Thanks guys

Eyeslice

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Ask them to show you some historical documentation using sources outside of Watchtower publication that confirm the 607bce date rather than the 586/587 bce for the destruction of Jerusalem.

During the course of the research, the dub should begin to have doubts of his own.

Then send him to Carl Olof Jonsson's books for the answers.

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit