Reverse Shunning

by redskymedic 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Two wrongs...don't make a right ! Ever.

I am slowly winning back family members, because, I do treat them better that I get. Other non-JW relatives, also see the difference with the love and concern I can show, as diametrically opposed to the "good Christian Jehovah's Witnesses".

We have a very good position, they don't. I don't believe it being a 'wallflower' or being walked on. I refuse to 'go to the end of the line' or be ignored. I won't play their games or emulate them.

I don't think it's a matter of getting even.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    I am slowly winning back family members, because, I do treat them better that I get. Other non-JW relatives, also see the difference with the love and concern I can show, as diametrically opposed to the "good Christian Jehovah's Witnesses".

Rabbit, it has nothing to do with getting even...I tried for years to get the family back by giving better than I get, and it just got to the point where I couldn't allow myself to be abused that way any more or my child to be subjected to seeing it.

They know that I love them, that my door is always open to them as is my heart. They just have to accept me the way that I am. If they can't...then we wouldn't get anywhere, anyway.

hope this makes sense, off to bed for me...

essie

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

fleur

hope this makes sense, off to bed for me...

essie

Sure it does. I was in a bit of a 'zone' of some sorts when I wrote that. One size...does NOT fit all. With what I am doing, I am having partial success and really do not know what will happen in the future.

Sometimes, I read with sadness where some people react, imo, in a 'mean way' towards their JW relatives. They are victims, just like we were. We do need to be assertive, but, not almost militant and dogmatic, like some.

However, each of us have to decide what is best in our very different cases. Sorry, if I was being 'one-sided' on this.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

After years of no contact - last year {geez almost 2 now} I was mentally preparing for a visit with my older sister (fence rider) and JW mom. After running into another sister (jw wannbe) where we had no contact for 14 years...I remembered my life is happier for NOt having those people around me. Period.

I'm not going to sit around and listen to their sick religious mumbojumbo where there is no respect for me. Why is it we are expected to be so polite and yet they can dump their neurotic bullcrap at us? Just isn't going to happen.

And they can stay far away from my grandchildren, too. That is, unless they are prepared to see just how crazy I'm capable of becoming. I deteste such extreme hypocricy and won't have them in my presence. 'And I really don't much give a good g-d damn what they think of me anymore. They can all kiss my backside!

{did I need to vent }

Anyhow...I'll calm down now and go prepare hubby's breakfast.

gl

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I apply the 'Golden Rule' here. Since it is a bible based rule I assume the JWs believe in it. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Therefore, if the JWs treat me like dirt, I assume that is the way they would like me to treat them, and I am happy to comply.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit