Reverse Shunning

by redskymedic 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

I concur with Gary - JDubs split up families. Family Road Trip

If you are filled with pride and dignity, I think reverse shunning is the answer. If you are sheepish then reverse shunning isn't for you.

Regarding the children - If the children WANTS to see the Jdub family it's their choice. But children aren't blind to reality, they can see how the Jdubs treat their parents or love ones and the effects it cause, why would the children want anything to do with Jdub shunners?

I look at it this way - Jdub shunning reminds me of racist groups. Racist groups want nothing to do with you (folks outside their group), view you with contempt, pity you (maybe), feel they are justified in their negative actions, twist scripture around to suit their agenda, wish or can't wait when you are disposed of, would always caution their children about you, would ignore you in the street like you were invisible, will never give you the benefit of the doubt, assassinate your character, deal with you strictly on a limited basis, etc.

The same way I wouldn't try to gain the approval of a racist, I wouldn't try to gain the approval of a Jdub - Just not worth it.

Peace - Dog On Fire Hydrant LL.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    A parent's job is to protect the children and the children's family. If I haven't learned that Witnessism is a threat to children and to the family, I haven't learned much from it all.

The Witness's goal is to split up the family. That's how they can control the people. People, don't let them do it. Don't give them access. I gave them access and my family is divided.

I couldn't say it any better than that. Anyone who shuns me is not allowed access to my child, period. They even tried going through my ex-husband for awhile, and I put a stop to that right quick.

We come as a package deal. If anyone won't accept me, they don't get her. Period. It will prevent a ton of problems in the future for your child by making this your position.

hugs

essie

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    They even tried going through my ex-husband for awhile, and I put a stop to that right quick.

Is your ex husband a non jw?

• Fleur
    Fleur

He's still a JW.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Interesting. Most JW's that I know would go out of there way to allow contact.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    We come as a package deal.

I love it! That's my deal now. I even had to throw my appliance cart and lawn tractor in the package:-) For a while Witnesses wanted to shun me and borrow my tractor. Hahahaha

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lol gary..when my ex was df'd for adultry the elders would still come borrow his bulldozer and dumptruck when they wanted to work on the hall.... they aint mad at your tractor.. they're just mad atchu!

• garybuss
    garybuss

In case anybody missed it, that shunning and snubbing crap didn't go over very well with me:-)

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Interesting. Most JW's that I know would go out of there way to allow contact.

Oh, he did. Then we had a real pointed conversation about it and he thought better of it. (can't get into details here) Gee, Gary, I had no idea you felt so strongly about this shunning stuff but I promise you, if I ever ask to borrow your tractor I will expect you to come with it as a part of the package deal LOL :) BTW, once again thanks for all the posting/writing you've done. I re-read one of your old works on freeminds last night. It's still helping me. You da man. hugs essie

• garybuss
    garybuss
    I promise you, if I ever ask to borrow your tractor I will expect you to come with it as a part of the package deal LOL :)

You got it:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit