Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-12-04 WT Study

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fleur
    Fleur

Wow, Blondie. Amazing.

If I haven't said it before, thank you for all that you do with these articles. You're doing a great service to those who need the concrete proof of watchtower double-speak and it's hidden agendas. I only wish I had the brain power to do stuff like this, but no way. My neurons just don't fire like they used to.

thanks for doing it for those of us who can't.

huge hugs

essie

• heathen
    heathen

Good point MJ. The lack of humility in this stuff is staggering . They continue on with the holier than thou attitude trying to enforce their control with smoothness of words . Don't question our authority because it comes from God so that makes us better than you and we know how to run a printing press so that makes us smarter than you. I've found out on a site if you like to see for yourself it's called ,watch the tower, don't remember if it was .org or .com, that these people even claimed to have PHDs in ancient greek and hebrew when writing the NWT but what you find out is they dropped out of college in their junior year . Just look up freddy franz and nathan knorr . When do these people wake up and realize that the scam is being revealed for what it is ? They even condemn the web because of fear the facts will get out . That is so sick .

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

One more lesson that is filled with broad, vague generalizations that tap into existing beliefs of the brotherhood.

Persecution? Bring it on!! makes us happy; proves we are christians, oops, worshipers of jehovah.

Dunderheaded comment of the day:

"Worldly people may have their own roundabout way of having zeal and believe they are doing god's will"

Wow. The arrogance of the average witness is breathtaking. This idea coexists in their head with the subconscious realization that NO ONE we speak to listens, most are irritated and most know more about and are more connected with Jesus than we ever will be!!

More references to "true" righteousness, as opposed to garden variety righteousness. Either something is righteous or it is not, right?

And, most sickening to me, references again by some commenters to the Nazi persecution. I know there was persecution, but when will they admit to and ask forgiveness for trying to suck up to Hitler in 1934?? Never, of course.

To top off this day, I had to sit through a talk about modern day good news. The speaker is a rich, self righteous elder from my old congo. His schtick is to become very familiar with the audience, and then reason them to death.

Today he had props from the early days of the org: an old good news brochure, a phonograph and record by Rutherford, etc etc even a slide from the Photodrama of creation. Lots of nods and kudos to CTR, with no mention of what a fruitcake he was. Lots of mentions of 1879, with no mention of our modern day beliefs being warmed over Millerism and SDA. His WT comments focused on not just the worldly bad influences (persecution) but those in the congo that might not be as enthusiastic as us!!

All in all, I left with a headache. I make less and less meetings, and hate them more with each one.

I need to quit going soon, before I become an atheist.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL@pistoff --- I don't think I could ever be an atheist myself , I know I've had some very uncanny exsperiences in my life that I will never forget and cannot be exsplained , In fact it seems to be an on going thing . I will never stop believing in God, christ and the bible , I just have a huge problem with these lying thieving religions and their brain washing techniques .

So what was that reference to the SDA anyway ? Sounds to me that they are trying to sell them magazines by plugging the persecution they are experiencing . It seemed kinda suble to me , are they now considering the SDA as some sort of sister religion ? Why would they even be concerned with it ? To them they are part of babylon the great and will be devoured by the leopard beast in revelation anyway. I think there's more to it , hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Flash
    Flash

When their Christian meetings are banned, they are willing to suffer rather than stop gathering together as the Bible commands . (Hebrews 10:24,25)

This is one of my many peeves with the GB...Hebrews 10:24,25 is an EXHORTATION NOT A COMMAND!!

SHEESH, WHEN WILL THEY GET IT RIGHT!?

With this type of reasoning they are inviting un-nessasary trouble!

Thanks Blondie

• Room 215
    Room 215

Flash: In this case, as in most, they're not interested in ``getting it right" if ``getting it right" doesn't suit their agenda, and this is but one example of the latter.

• heathen
    heathen

I also remember jesus words that as long as there are a gathering of 2or3 in my name I will also be present . You are right it wasn't a commandment but an admonishment . Early christians were not interested in owning property such as the WTBTS is so this does fit their scheme .

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

It could be one of those articles geared towards the 3rd world coutries where the church is under ban or heavily restricted though.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    they're not interested in ``getting it right" if ``getting it right" doesn't suit their agenda, and this is but one example

Succinctly put and right on.

• undercover
    undercover
    When their Christian meetings are banned, they are willing to suffer rather than stop gathering together as the Bible commands. (Hebrews 10:24,25)

Right. How the WTS suffered in Mexico back when the Mexican government didn't allow religions to own property. JWs met together without Bibles or songbooks, they didn't call their buildings Kingdom Halls or "places of worship" and the they registered as a social group instead of a religion. Oh, the suffering our brothers endured so the the WTS wouldn't have to give up their property. I'm sure Jehovah was pleased with the long-suffering of our dear brothers, so that his earthly organization would not have to lose their holdings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit