Do you believe that ancient humans once had advanced technology?

by Elsewhere 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is something that has been tossed around for some time, but something occurred to me: If ancient humans did have advanced technology, such as space travel, we would know about it.

The reason I say we would know about it is because they would most certainly have left objects in orbit around earth. Yes, the low-orbit objects would have eventually fallen back due to the drag of the upper atmosphere. Examples of this would be the GPS satellites, the space station, and the space shuttle. However, the high-orbit objects would stay in orbit indefinably. An example of this would be objects like the communication satellites in geo-synchronous orbit.

A few years ago I stumbled onto an interesting Astronomy related hobby. Basically people use their telescopes to look at satellites in orbit. One could have easily spotted the satellites in geo-synchronous orbit using a telescope available during Isaac Newton?s time. The reason it would be so easy is because they stay in the exact same location in the sky all the time. When you look at them through a telescope they are the only objects that appear to be sitting still while the stars move past them. This most certainly would have been a curiosity for the first telescope builders several hundred years ago and they most certainly would have written about them. Even today they would be something we could see using a back-yard telescope.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think the current technology is the best there ever has been.

But I also believe we haven't even see near what it will be in the near future. 20 years from now, we will be blown away by technology.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

What about Area 51? Do you believe the stories that the gov't has "aliens" and their spacecraft hidden away out in the desert? I read a good book called "Chariots of the Gods" that talked about the technology that may have existed throughout history. It even talks about Bible references that could support the idea of life on other planets, and space travel.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    But I also believe we haven't even see near what it will be in the near future. 20 years from now, we will be blown away by technology.

probably even 10 years... we have thought-controlled computer interfaces now. pretty amazin.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What about Area 51

Right now I'm not referring to extraterrestrials, just the theory that humans once had technology far more advanced than what we currently have.

ET... maybe another thread.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Quantum technology holds great promise. Basically, at least as this poor brain understands, quantum technology is an attempt to create a new technology that utilizes the fundamental nature of subatomic reality and it seems to contradict our common sense ideas of how the world works. For example, imagine computers that operate without being turned on and objects are found without looking for them or a computer far more powerful than anything we have now built from a single molecule, or a computer that performs calculations in other universes. Information would move instantly between two points, without wires or networks. And teleportation (beam me up Scotty) is ordinary.

100 years from now? Maybe.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Quantum technology holds great promise.

I agree, but it will be a long time before we can fully exploit its potential.

Electricity was discovered about three hundred years ago and it took us this long to really exploit its potential. For the first two hundred years it was nothing more than a curiosity.

Quantum mechanics was discovered lets than 100 years ago and is far more complex. It is still in it's "curiosity" stage. Perhaps in a few hundred years we will see some amazing technologies emerge from it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i don't, but i'm open to the idea that there may have been pockets where groups may have developed stuff ahead of the rest of humans back then. I think the space travel is based on a misenterpretation of a central american pictograph. There were remains of what could have been prehistoric electric batteries in the bagdad museum. If that is what they really were, then there was electric technology being used at one time.

Then there are the ancient sanskrit writings about vimanas and arial warefare. As well, eoliths dated from well before humans are supposed to have developed tool use. If true, it leads to the idea that modern humans have been around a lot longer than is supposed. Perhaps time will reveal more, or confirm present archeological belief.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Why humans why not the dinosaurs. What if 200 million year ago some species other that human evolved a brain that could make use of technology? And then a great meteor hits the earth and wipes them all out??

Could something like that have happened?? I don't know but it seem possible.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i know they have found crude "batteries" in egypt i think.. they used the " buzz" from it to " cure " people.. OR.. mcguyver time traveled..

there is unknown technology from the past. such as how massive structures such as the pyramids and things like the easter island heads were constructed or moved to their resting places. i dont think however it was advanced like it is today. besides, didnt we learn in the kh that all the technology PROVES we are in the time of the end?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit