Do you believe that ancient humans once had advanced technology?

by Elsewhere 38 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I hope I'm not gonna be too much off topic but ...

ancient humans might never had the technology we have now ... but being advanced is not only related to technology ... it can be related to strategy (an other way to do some things) and it is not because we have no physical proof (a few like that little girl that have be momified and still looks like she's alive / the way some piramides and special visual effects have been done) that they haven't found things that we might try to find out ourselves now (in an other way, with other methods).

I feel like we do expect too much on technology, not enough on strategy ... (also both can be mixed)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

If humans were so advanced, what happened? Where did they go? Why did they stop and go back to living in caves, dying of tooth decay, and not wiping their asses at all? Maybe they became leftists and it destroyed their civilization?

CZAR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Technology is just another word for tool(s). Once you have a tool that works, you don't EVER give it up.

You're a tool if you think humans ever gave up any tools ;-)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I would certainly never give up my tool...

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I agree with Six. Technology means tools. When we have successful tools, we use them to build more and better tools, and so on and so forth.

dh: It sounds like the sum of your evidence is in maps that seem to match the shapes of now-ice-covered continents. This is certainly interesting to me, but I want to know where the physical evidence of this advanced civilization is. You don't get to be an advanced civilization without leaving behind some serious artifacts. Do you expect to find extensive ruins under the ice in Antartica? (I have to admit, that would be pretty freakin' awesome.)

SNG

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a lot answers to our questions about ancient civilization went up in smoke in a lil bonfire in a city called Alexandria , where an estimated one MILLION ancient texts were destroyed.. ( wish they'd had their info backed up on disk!)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Why humans why not the dinosaurs. What if 200 million year ago some species other that human evolved a brain that could make use of technology? And then a great meteor hits the earth and wipes them all out??

Could something like that have happened?? I don't know but it seem possible.

That's one of the myths of what happened to Atlantis. I don't think space technology is necessarily the end-all sign of an ancient intelligent civilization. We think of Aluminum as a contemporary invention. Yet it has been found in x-hundred (thousand?) year-old Chinese artifacts. I'm thinking specifically of a piece of armour that one warlord had. It was probably a gift to him and he wanted to be the only one ever to have the technology, so it died out. The Zapotec peoples of Oaxaca, Mexico, developed a written heierglyphic-style language in about 600 BC. They developed a calendar in 1000 BC that was more accurate than our leap-year calendar. These were the predecessors to Mezo-American developments. Maybe these are too contemporary? Man has always done more with what materials were at hand. This can be seen in the development earlier stone tools preceding the development of the Clovis point (arrow/spear point) which came over from NE asia with the first migrations to N America 15,000-20,000+ years ago (there were several migrations). Even older, a spear launch device - atlatl - to sling hand-spears farther. Has anyone here made fire by rubbing 2 sticks together? I mean to try someday. To ancient? How about the mathmetics involved with the Egyptian and Mezo American pyramids? Or the mathmetics involved with Rosecrucian sites around Europe, the locations of which form the basis of their 5-point star - lat/lan and line-of-sight accuracy hundreds and thousands of miles away. The building of the aquaducts of China pre Roman Empire? Their transits were really awesome tools. We don't see silicon based computers, yet Monte Alban (Oaxaca, MX) has a most accurate computer structure for the solar and religious years - carried out 18,980 days, or 52 Years. The sad thing is Catholicism in the last 1500 years had squashed science and education, or we may have seen more phenomenal advancement of our own cultures. (Sound familiar JW-land?) We're planning on moving to Hawaii in 4 years. We talk about current technology and what we want to incorporate into our house, yet Kev reminds me that what's readily available 4 years from now will drive out decisions, not today's current technology. Hugs and Happy Holidays Brenda

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Ancient humans with high tech... Yeah, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• Mary
    Mary

I tend to this that the ancients did master flight of some sort

According to ancient Indian texts, the people had flying machines which were called "Vimanas." The ancient Indian epic describes a Vimana as a double-deck, circular aircraft with portholes and a dome, much as we would imagine a flying saucer. It flew with the "speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious sound." There were at least four different types of Vimanas; some saucer shaped, others like long cylinders ("cigar shaped airships").

Here's some pretty bizarre reliefs found in Egypt that look alot like stuff we see today:

The Bagdad battery

This looks alot like a modern day plane too.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit