Does dying scare you?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Shelly81
    Shelly81

Being around death all my life, did scare me when I was a small girl. Then last year, I was in a horrible and fatal car accident with my sister who died and now I'm not afraid of death. Actually, I'm afraid of leaving my daughter alone. That scares me more than death itself.

• bebu
    bebu

Very honestly, no. I struggle mostly with the prospect of overcoming pain--whatever kind of pain I will deal with in the future. So that is where my faith spends more time, rather than on death itself.

There is a verse in Ecclesiastes I like which reflects a broad thought: I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (ecc 3:10,11)

That resonates with me. I think we all have eternity in our hearts, and that's why it seems UNNATURAL or practically impossible to imagine death/utter non-existence as our final lot. If God made our lives truly beautiful, then it would be to last for eternity, and not just a couple days (like mere cut flowers).

bebu

• dh
    dh

It all depends on how I die. The fact that I will die doesn't scare me, and being dead doesn't either, but there are definitely ways to die that would scare me.

In JW context, though I was raised to believe that I was going to live forever, I never really thought I would survive Armageddon because I had cursed at Jehovah and told him to get f*#ked when I was very young, just to see if there would be a reaction or if I would get struck by lightning I would think and say in my head f*#ck Jehovah f*#ck Jehovah f*#ck Jehovah (yes really)... So yeah, I always knew I was going to die

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Before I wasn't scared to die. I didn't care really. But, that was when I was a full time JW.

Now I am scared to die. I don't want to die and not be able to live life. I don't want to go yet and have everything take away from me again.

Brooke WI

• Pole
    Pole

I ran for life twice in my whole life (at least that was my impression at the time) and got beaten up by a gang three times. It was then that dying reaaaally scared me.

Pole

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

well ... ditto dh ... what scares me is all the scary hows !!!

There was I time a was scare to die (I was not ready - cause I was feeling that my son would be alone and not ready yet) but not anymore ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit