OOOHhh --- How We Grow Thanks JWD

by jst2laws 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You must have me mixed up with some other mad fool. It was too warm to wear a kilt in WSM.
    I was, however, the one in the fetching pink Gingham dress

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Lt

LOL, Yes, "fetching" wasn't it.

Steve

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Wow. All I can say is wow. I actually left 10 years ago but never spent anytime talking about it to anyone but my sister. My life has changed, but this board is addicting, it brings back a lot of memories and feelings about my past and actually explains a lot of unanswered questions. I'm really glad this board exists.

Thank you for all your stories.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Steve. Your words remind me a lot of my dad. He too wrestled with his emotions, and also garnered a reputation as being a caring, compassionate person. This often led to disagreements with fellow elders, especially with regards to JCs, and run ins with COs and DOs.

His motto always was " How would Jesus have acted in this situation?" It was an uphill battle, and eventually he started questioning the organization and the way it was run from the top down, all the while hoping some good could come of it. Of course it never did, and when dad started doing research (without the aid of the internet at that time) he eventually came to the conclusion that the organization was a mockery of it's original purpose.

And so began the journey out...

Regards

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Justtickledpink,

Glad you are out, adjusted and good to have you here.

xjw-b12,

He too wrestled with his emotions, and also garnered a reputation as being a caring, compassionate person. This often led to disagreements with fellow elders, especially with regards to JCs, and run ins with COs and DOs.

Many here just left, knowing SOMETHING was wrong. As far those who were elders, the reaction to injustice, hypocrisy, arrogance and lack of love results in a pattern of reaction and resistance that is almost as identifiable as a finger print. Your Dad seems to have had that finger print.

In fact the Watchtower could weed out a lot of elders, and publishers, before they become a problem. All they would have to do is get rid of everyone who cares about people more than policy as well as those who think for themselves (labeled "independent thinking" by the WT). These type people can't endure in the seudo-loving, intelligence-differed environment of the witnesses.

Steve

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

This is a great topic and has brought back some somewhat "good" memories when I was an elder and trying to do right.

My daughter says I was a good elder and most of the teenagers liked me along with the rest of the congregation. She says that what xjw said about her dad also applies to me. Makes me feel good that I tried to do the right thing.

Steve. Your words remind me a lot of my dad. He too wrestled with his emotions, and also garnered a reputation as being a caring, compassionate person. This often led to disagreements with fellow elders, especially with regards to JCs, and run ins with COs and DOs

I never had a run in with the CO's and DO's though. I never liked them because whenever they would come around, they really didn't care what peoples problems were. They just wanted the cong. to keep the status quo.

Like you Steve.........I'm glad I saw the light and am now free and happy.

HappyDad

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello HappyDad,

Like you Steve.........I'm glad I saw the light and am now free and happy.

Hey, we have a common past that is good to be in the past. You too are glad to be free and happy, and I like you am a happy dad. I left in time to save my daughter and to let my 14 yr old son grow out of his cult experience without obvious scars.

Steve

• Valis
    Valis

Steve! Got my presents today! Thanks to you and the family!...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Valis,

Steve

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Steve.

It's been awhile since I've posted. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

You always come across as a class guy on this board.

I still dont share much about my life (I hide on other's threads :) ), but just wanted to mention that my youngest son is totally out and my oldest and his wife just play the game because of her family.

In fact, we had 12 people at our house for Thanksgiving dinner. We were beaming!

We have grown together on this board and I wish you and Joyzabel-Happy Holidays!

Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit