OOOHhh --- How We Grow Thanks JWD

by jst2laws 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I was looking for an old comment and got caught up in my first posts here at JWD. As I look back I'm amused at how I sound so much like some new posters. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/3597/43758/post.ashx#43758

As you read the comment below remember I came here as a JW elder trying to be realistic about the flaws of the Watchtower while hanging on to the hope they could still have something of spiritual value

I realize I am in dangerous territory because I am expressing these heartfelt thoughts among a majority of people who have been injured by this very institution. Please accept the fact that I am one of those few people who stood up for you, took some heat, lost sleep at night, yet I hang on partly to mitigate damages and otherwise because I hope for a kinder, loving administration in the future. Yes I am one of those dreamers. But please tolerate me. I?m not condemning anyone, nor criticizing or complaining, nor am I defending or justifying wrongs. Lets respect each other, tolerate differing views, and keep an open mind. Jst2laws
    I for one must say that I appreciate your presence here and will strongly encourage you to keep expressing your thoughts to us all. If is always refreshing to find a thinking Jehovah's Witness as it is a welcome change from the usual ?company men? type who will defend whatever is printed in the latest Watchtower, and ignore all arguments and documentation.
    Personally I have no problem with you being a Jehovah's Witnesses. I don?t understand why anyone would want that, but I suspect that it is a case of not having sufficient information; if you continue to hang around here I think that may change in the future. If you want to know my take of the Watchtower you will find some of my essay?s on this address: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm under Norman Hovland

"being a Jehovah's Witnesses. I don?t understand why anyone would want that, but I suspect that it is a case of not having sufficient information; if you continue to hang around here I think that may change in the future"

A problem of "not having sufficient information", nailed

"hang around here I think that may change", I did

Norm, if you're looking, Thanks.

JW's, if you're looking, keep looking.

Steve

Ps, If I find time I'm going to go back and pull up comments from others like Farkel, Pathofthorns, Kent, and Mommy as well as others who's profound logic and clarity had an affect on me.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I?m not condemning anyone, nor criticizing or complaining, nor am I defending or justifying wrongs. Lets respect each other, tolerate differing views, and keep an open mind. Jst2laws

You were a sweetie then, and still are !

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Please accept the fact that I am one of those few people who stood up for you, took some heat, lost sleep at night, yet I hang on partly to mitigate damages and otherwise because I hope for a kinder, loving administration in the future

The above tells more about you Steve, than anything else. You have a kind heart and that hasn't changed. You tried desperately to make the organization make sense, but the fault (and loss) was theirs. You've been on a journey and you remind me of these lyrics:

"I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same "

Honestly now, does it seem like almost three years since you posted the above?

Enjoy the journey, it's as beneficial as the end result.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

StinkyPants,

Thanks, How are you doing in school?

Big Tex,

Thanks for the kind words. And as to

Honestly now, does it seem like almost three years since you posted the above?

Wow! Three years, and I hung on for a year after that post before resigning as an elder. I must have been stupid to move so slow. But

I'M FREE

Steve

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    If is always refreshing to find a thinking Jehovah's Witness

IS there such a thing?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Incense,

IS there such a thing?

Yes, but once they start thinking, they don't last long, and end up leaving the religion. - Jim W.

• Simon
    Simon
    The above tells more about you Steve, than anything else. You have a kind heart and that hasn't changed. You tried desperately to make the organization make sense, but the fault (and loss) was theirs. You've been on a journey and you remind me of these lyrics:

Yes, Steve is a genuinely nice bloke. The trouhble with nice people is that they maybe can't imagine anyone being nasty and evil 'cause they just don't have it in them themselves to be like that so think they must just not understand something. Hardly a fault !

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Yes, but once they start thinking, they don't last long, and end up leaving the religion. - Jim W.

Bingo. Being a thinker and being a Dub are two diametrically opposed positions.

Terri

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Steve:Slow??
    Three years isn't all that long when you consider the paradigm shift that has occured in our thinking!

I'll never forget when we first met at Englishman's BBQ.
    We're come a long way since then, too

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

LittleToe,

I'll never forget when we first met at Englishman's BBQ.
    We're come a long way since then, too

Awwhh, Englishmans' party. That first one was a leap for me. At that stage I was emerging from the depression of having devoted my life to a fraud and wondering if life could ever be normal again. Englishman had been out for twenty years and impressed me he is a very happy person, husband, father, human being. Met so many good people at the BBQ.

Until one guy showed up in a dress. OH, that was you. Was that a kilt?

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit