make a final decision on being baptized. There is lots of important

information here.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome cenvay!

• cenvay
    cenvay

Thank you for replies,

10 months ago, my English is much worse than now, I had studied English for 8 years from middle school to college, when I came to Palau, I found I could not understand my workmates' English(They are Philipinos and ... people), and they also could not understand my English, It just looks like we were speaking quite different language, so I decide to go to church to study English in order to get rid of my Chinese style English, then my friend introduced me to the Jehovah's witness kingdom hall, they taught English every friday night, When I got to there to study English , I found they were very warmhearted. I was moved, b/c everyone were very kind to you, so gradually I like peopole in the kingdom hall as well as the environment, even I have a lot of questions, for example they never encourage people work hard, and they take the negative attitude with science, I had to work hard to sustain my dog life, if I only go to preach I would starve to death, I also consider my temporary life is very important; I think if there havent science invention, our life would become much worse than now, Probably we could not share these ideas at this forum.

• under74
    under74

Hi cenvey, I think your English is pretty good.

It's nice to know that some Jehovah's Witnesses have been helping you with English, indeed there are many warm hearted people in the religion. You bring up some important questions about how people are supposed to support themselves with all of their time going into the ministry and about science--I agree with you we wouldn't be on this forum able to communicate with each other if it were not for science. I do not think I'm qualified to answer your first question but I will say that I don't think it would be fair of a religion to demand so much time out of members when they struggle financially.This is only my opinions and they may differ from other people. I really hope stay on the forum and ask more questions here and read some of the other posts. It may be very helpful to you before you make the decision to get baptized.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome to the forum!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome "Chinese Guy"! This is a very happy place to enjoy warm connections............

• bebu
    bebu

WELCOME, Cenvay! I'm so glad you found this site. I think it's great to have folks from everywhere sign on. I don't think we have any actively posting Chinese here, so this is very nice for us.

See ya in the threads!

bebu

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Welcome Cenvay. I'm glad to hear you are still evaluating and examining the beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses before you make a decision on Baptism. You will find a wealth of information here to assist you in your endevour.

CC

• Balsam
    Balsam

Cenvay,

Welcom to the forum. So are you actually studying to be come a Jehovah's Witness? You mentioned you are thinking of baptism? You need to fully research the Jehovah's Witnesses before betting baptized. The reason is baptism is very binding. One must accept all the teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society completely. Once baptized then if you don't go along with everything they tell you, then you can be disfellowshipped and they will shun you. The could not speak to you or associate with you. So I strongly suggest that you avoid baptism until you firmly educate yourself about the teachings of Jehovah's Witness. Don't let the friendly niceness cause you to be hasty in joining them.

Generally JW's do not encourage higher education. Their goal is to encourage followers to pioneer, and support themselves by menial jobs. JW are very friendly to people who show an interest. It is part of their preachings and teachings efforts. If you started questioning their teachings in depth then they will quickly lose interest in you. They have a policy of no blood transfusions even if it would lead to death in a medical emergency. Please take a look at www.ajwrb.org for more information. Also science is seen as mostly 2nd only to their believe system. They feel people are mislead by science. Something you need to question. They dispute nearly all scientific findings about the stories in the bible, like the flood of Noah's day.

Hope you will stick around and get to know the other side of the Jehovah Witness coin. If your interested in joining Jehovah's Witnesses then you need to make an informed commitment. Don't go in blind. Jehovah's Witness don't tell perspective baptism canditates everything. You only find out after getting baptized.

Sincerely,

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit