New Member Introduction

by Leilani 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Leilani
    Leilani

Hello everyone. I recently found these forums and have been browsing them. I thought it time to introduce myself in case I ever have something to say. Here is a very brief history (it may not seem brief but with all that has gone on and is going on, trust me, it's brief )

I'm 49 yrs old and spent much of my youth in the religion. My mother never got baptized and when I was 15 yrs old she divorced my father. I had been baptized and 2 yrs after the divorce I was disfellowshipped. Though the congregation shunned me, my father refused to do so. My father died in '92 after refusing blood transfusions for a blood disease along the lines of leukemia. The transfusions would not have cured him, only prolonged his life if he had them on a weekly basis.

Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and the last couple years of her life she went back to studying with the Witnesses. My mother died from the cancer a year ago this past September. My older sister, who had never been a Witness, was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer (she's now stage 4) two weeks before my mother died. In fact, she was recovering from surgery in the hospital when my mother passed away. My sister has since started studying with the Witnesses.

My younger brother, who is baptized, was disfellowshipped a year ago this past October and has been frantically trying to get reinstated since.

I guess I'm introducing myself because everything just seems really whacky lately and I might need others to talk to who can relate to some degree with what I might be feeling. All this Witness stuff with my family is bringing back feelings I thought I had put behind me.

Thanks for reading this.

Leilani

• Brummie
    Brummie

My what a heartwrenching time you have had over the years and particularly the last year or so. Thanks for sharing, I hope you will feel comfortable enough to just dive in and say whatever and whenever you want to. I hope you find a lot of support and strength here and that everything will begin to fall into place for you.

(((hugs)))

Welcome aboard, good to meet you.

Brummie

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Leilani

Welcome to the forum. Sorry, your family seems to be being hit hard by cancer. I wish we could find a permanent cure for it. Like a booster shot or something like that. Cancer has claimed so many people I know.

Hang in there and hope to see you posting around this ex JW forum.

Special K

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome Leilani!

I'm so very sorry for the great deal of unpleasantness and hurt that have crossed your path.

As for what's been said, I hope you can find some answers for things you've been questioning-and warmth and friendship here as well....

hugs,

Annie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Leilani - welcome! Beautiful name by the way. I grew up in Hawaii.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome L-

sorry to hear of your family tragedies.

It is amazing how the org holds onto us isn't it - you have been out for what 30 yrs? And still it rears it's ugly head. I think you will find all here to be hospitable and kind...

Jeff

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome Leilani. That is my wife's middle name.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Hi Leilani, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles! Life can be so hard on us sometimes, very bumpy the road can be! Hang in there! It's nice to meet you. I really hope that things start to get better for you. Sorry for your losses. Here's a big ((((((HUG))))))) for you my friend! Have a great day, ok! REDHOTCHILIPEPPER

• under74
    under74

Welcome Leilani.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Leilani. Sorry about all the illnesses in your family. What a dread awful disease! Hope for better times for you. Welcome to the forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit