is there any concrete proof the JWs are wrong? Iam new here.

by Buck 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    Ive been going out with a JW girl for a little while. Shes been getting me to study, etc. I really like her and she feels the same about me.

Since when do JW females look to the outside world for love or friendship?

• Swan
    Swan

My mother is a JW. My father is not. It was never easy. My Dad wavered from time to time in his support of Mom's religion, but he never was in direct opposition. He never baptized that I know of. He was called an unbeliever. He was often ridiculed by the JWs in front of me when he was not present. But eventually he went to enough meetings, assemblies, and such, that when it came time, he shunned me as if he were the strongest believer.

As for concrete proof:

http://www.carm.org/jw/1914.htm

This site has a great summary of their 607 BCE belief, the year they claim Jerusalem fell to the Babylonian armies. It is the foundation upon which their faith in the 1914 AD date rests.

Here is an excerpt:

Was 607 BC the date when Jerusalem fell? No, it wasn't. No Bible scholar and no archaeological scholar holds to that date.

If only I had spent a day in the library researching that date. I would have found that all reputable historians consider the date 587 BC or possibly 586 BC to be the correct date. Only the Watchtower Society believes in the 607 date. If I had done my homework, maybe I would have learned the truth sooner, and started living my life sooner, instead of putting my life on hold waiting on a false promise based on a fictitious date.

A poster here named Quotes has a great website of their teachings throughout their history.

For further concrete proof, visit his website, but look at this topic in particular:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/united_nations.htm

The Watchtower has for decades denounced the United Nations and any religious organizations that had membership with it. They have called it the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" foretold by Christ, and the Wild Beast of Revelation. They have pronounced it doomed at the upcoming war of Armageddon; and all who support it will be destroyed by Jehovah's armies as well.

Then it may surprise you to know that from the year 1991 to 2000 the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society was an NGO member of the United Nations. They only quit when they were exposed as hypocrites by a major metropolitan newspaper (The Guardian). Here is the official response of the United Nations to the numerous inquiries they have had concerning this. This is the official website of the United Nations.

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

I hope this helps you to reach your loved one. I got this information too late to help my family. Good luck!

Tammy

• Buck
    Buck

Conditional love? That is one awful thought.

Here is one thing that bothers me the most about the organization: Why do they do the things they do? Is it just keeping status quo? These people believe in it enought to shun family, etc. So why? What does the organization get out of it? What does it matter how much time for field service? What is the primary motive? To help people?

• undercover
    undercover
    What does the organization get out of it? What does it matter how much time for field service? What is the primary motive?

What does any religion get out of it? Power and money.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Here is one thing that bothers me the most about the organization: Why do they do the things they do? Is it just keeping status quo? These people believe in it enought to shun family, etc. So why? What does the organization get out of it? What does it matter how much time for field service? What is the primary motive? To help people?

Simple.

Control.

If you are caught talking with a disfellowshipped person (DF'd) even if it is your boss or landlord, they can actually DF you. After baptism, don't question their (Elders, Ministerial Servants, Pioneers, or Publishers in Good Standing i.e. buddies) actions or doctrines without FULLY accepting their answers or your could be DF'd for apostacy. The list goes on (and on and on and on).

JW's are considered by many to be a cult. At the very least, they are considered as a "High Control Group". When others said "run", they weren't kidding.

I'm so sorry you are having to find this out. I can only assume it is really playing havac with your heart-strings. I am grateful you are strong enough to look outside the "box" before you get trapped.

Good luck and blessings

Brenda

• Buck
    Buck

speaking outside this box will probably ruin my life for a while

• shamus
    shamus

Hey Buck,

Don't take our word for anything. Remember, you're only getting one side of the story. I hate it when people just get the one side, even though I know that we're 100 percent right. Go to a meeting and get love bombed, and see them 'at work'. I suggest a Theocratic Ministry School meeting. Learn how to place your Watchtower and Awake! magazines all to the tune of repeditive chanting music....

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    speaking outside this box will probably ruin my life for a while

.... I'm sorry for the discomfort... really. Hugs Brenda

• AlanF
    AlanF

Buck, for some solid informational essays on many JW beliefs, check out this site: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

AlanF

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    I wish organized religion never existed.

Amen!

psst, FYI, those on the GB are annointed.(or I used to say "profess to be of the annointed, *snort*) Yes even the new ones. The Given Ones? are not of the annointed and sit in on the GB meetings, you know, to help when the old ones can't make decisions and I'm sure to take over when the Annointed Ones? are gone on to their heavenly calling. *snicker*

The different branches of the organizations (mini organizations) are run by many just plain ole JW Bethel elders. Poor things, they will all be listed as responsible when lawsuits hit the WTBTs.

ok, carry on.

Joy

ps welcome to the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit