Strange disfellowshippings!

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A few years back a 'sister' in our hall was Df'd for marrying a disfellowshipped man. They were both free to remarry 'scripturally' - in their late-middle years of life.

I asked one of the local Pharrasies why? His answer; she was guilty of 'thowing in her lot with one who was disapproved by Jehovah'. I never had heard of such nonesense before and told him so (nicely).

What are the oddest Df'ings you have heard about?

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I can see why they DF'd her for marrying a DF'd JW....just association with a DF'd or DA'd person could lead to DFing, just ask Ray Franz.

I would consider it weirder if she was DF'd for marrying a nonJW, "out of the truth."

I knew one sister that was DF'd for being a unsubmissive wife...I wonder what that meant?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I remember my friends who were both pretty good JWs were engaged to be married and had all the wedding plans and were 4 weeks away and the worst thing happened... he fingered her. Then they both were publicly reproved and the elders refused to let them get married in the KH, so they had to rent out a facility.

You know how weddings are usually crowded and attaended by EVERYONE... well, turns out they only had about 50 people there, and didn't get the outpouring of presents either. It was sooo pathetic.

But they are currently regular pioneers serving where the "need is great" somewhere... last I heard he cleaned the floors for Winn Dixie at night to support their pioneering.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    last I heard he cleaned the floors for Winn Dixie at night to support their pioneering.

Aw. You gave it away! I know exactly who it is now. Well, I've narrowed it down to 7 "brothers" in the hall.

Loose conduct is a catch-all. Basically if you fart the wrong way and an elder catches a wiff, you're contaminating the cong. so SEE YA!

Kwin

• simplesally
    simplesally

Now why in the world would they publicly reprove them??? Did they do it in the KH? In the mall? Public reproof is supposed to be for when others know about their sin and need to know that the matter has been handled. I feel sorry for them that the wedding turned out to be a sort of temporary shunning..........

• Mulan
    Mulan

I knew a couple (one of my girlfriend's older sister) who were engaged, then the man was disfellowshipped shortly before the wedding for covering up something he had done before they got together. They eloped, and she was disfellowshipped for marrying him. I asked many elders (but they weren't called that back then, in the early 60's) why......... since they were engaged, and in "Jehovah's eyes" already married, and since engagement is an oath of sorts. All they ever could say was that he was disfellowshipped and she should have waited to marry him. They were reinstated exactly one year later, as the policy was back then.

After 40+ years, they are still married, with a grundle of children, and true believers. Who can figure?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I remember my friends who were both pretty good JWs were engaged to be married and had all the wedding plans and were 4 weeks away and the worst thing happened... he fingered her.

you mean they told?????????? Isn't anything private?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I remember my friends who were both pretty good JWs were engaged to be married and had all the wedding plans and were 4 weeks away and the worst thing happened... he fingered her.

You mean he implicated her in some sort of crime? Or... oh, never mind

• Gill
    Gill

Who would be so stupid as to go and tell the elders what 'you've been up to' when you're courting.

Bloody Hell! They were probably disfellowshiped for sheer stupidity not hanky panky!

I know of a sister who was disfellowshiped for going out with a brother whose divorce was just about to come through. They were warned not to see eachother till he'd got the final divorce papers. But as love would have it, they wanted to carry on seeing eachother and so they were disfellowshiped.

They never went back to the JW's.

Sensible people in my book!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

My girlfriend's dad caught us being overly familiar, once. It seemed he was more frustrated that I had put him in the position of having to let the elders know than he was angry about our experimentation. She was the first girl that ever even made me idly consider breaking my personal "no sex until after marriage" rule. Such a tease!

Okay, maybe that was just pent up hormones on my part and it only seemed like she was teasing me... can't say for sure.

Wierd thing about it is, I wasn't repentant in the least. I didn't apologize to anyone but her and her father (mostly for causing him grief with the elders) and I wasn't reproved or shunned! You'd think the Holy Spirit would have flayed me alive as it ripped in sparking rivulets from the fingertips of the brothers who spoke with me, but no. Whew! Was I relieved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit