Some screenshots from new KH meeting!

by pixel 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

This design is actually very clever. If the building was ever sold, it could easily be converted to a bank or sectioned off for two or three storefronts.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Every time someone has proposed a theory of the governing body that suggests they are cynical masterminds carefully manipulating the masses for their own gain, I kept coming back to the fact that they have a multi-million member volunteer work force at their disposal that they employ in the near-fruitless activity of peddling published propaganda.  If the GB were really cynical, my defense would go, they would use that workforce in a way that actually generates revenue.  Such as, for instance, building kingdom and assembly halls with free labor that could then be quickly flipped and sold for a profit.  The day I saw concrete steps in this direction would be the day I would begin to entertain the GB-as-cynics theory.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this appears to be a paradigm-shifter for me.  These buildings have all the hallmarks of being designed for usage other than kingdom halls.  It's harder to sell windowless structures like they currently use.  These buildings could easily be converted to other uses, which makes them more marketable (easier to sell).  I'll be watching these developments with a keen interest with an eye towards real estate flipping activity.  We should expect to see evidence of this within the next few years.

The bulk of my posting history has seemingly disappeared or else I'd link to a few examples of me raising this argument in the past.

• pixel
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    It looks very uncomfortable.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Is this on jw.org or JW Broadcasting?

George

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Obviously a business ... kind of reminds me of the local Walgreens

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It looks like it has the functionality of a commercial building but when you realistically think about it, isn't the Watchtower Corporation a business hiding behind a religious facade. ???    

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Looks like a medical clinic waiting to happen. 

Also doesn't look like an elder's basement. 

-TE

• pixel
    pixel

Is this on jw.org or JW Broadcasting?

No. on a private broadcast that they have going on for elders-only

stream.jw.org works with password and username

• pixel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit