Has anyone read "1984" and seen the parallels?

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

...the thought has run across my mind

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/68654/1.ashx

*** wave @ Badger ***

Best,

Winston Smith :>D

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is it called "1984" in the US?

well at least the copy I am reading is "1984" is large digits - I can't recall if it was Nineteen Eighty Four when I was younger or not - good ?

Jeff

• observador
    observador

You bet!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

when i read "1984" (which i did in 1984 becuz the movie "1984' came out and i bought the "1984" album by the Eurythmics) i totally got the parallels. that book was just another brick in the wall to my leaving the bOrg.

Mrs Jones

maybe i'll read it again

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Yep, but not just the wt. The us pres: war is peace, the nebulous enemy (the original enemy, bin ladin is forgotten) and a lot of other stuff.

S

It's interesting to read Orwell's comments and found out what/whom he actually had in mind when writing the book.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I just examined an edition of the book published in 1949, and the title on the front cover, outside spine, and the inside title page all read "Nineteen Eighty-Four". The movie which was filmed during the year 1984 expressed the title numerically (indidentally, the movie is a very chilling, accurate portrayal of the book, probably as close as anyone will ever make).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

you will love big mother brother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit