1992 murder conviction is upheld - William Carlson

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Wow that is a really disturbing story!

I am from that area, but I was living elsewhere at the time so I don't recall this at all.

Even if his dad buggered him, he had to be pretty disturbed to rape his dead mother?! Which then makes me wonder if he was disturbed enough to claim his dad buggered him.

Hey the dubs get on my nerves too, but they sure never made me want to kill and rape my mother.

I will sleep better knowing this guy is behind bars.

CYP

• karsnow
    karsnow

I knew William and his parents. I believe he should spend a life in prison. There is no excuse for murder. You play, you pay. He was always a troubled child. Maybe if he would of had some help which is so against the way JW think. I am no longer one of JW's and glad of that, they can do funny things to ones mind but never make you kill another human being.

• Nowman
    Nowman

My parents were the ones that found the bodies, Paul was our book study conductor, I went to Highschool with him, he used to tell on me, long long story. I knew them and will never forget what happened.

Nikki

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

He made a HUGE mistake. But, like many here, I know from personal experience what it is like growing up with an extremely devoted JW parent. If he went through what I went through it was a nightmare.

• karsnow
    karsnow

Why did no one ever offer to help William? Is he getting help today? Nonetheless, he still did a terrible thing. I was a devoted strict parent with many responsiblities in the organization, my husband was an elder and the organization tore apart my children, monitored every move they made. Finally, as a parent it was too much for them to bear. They are healthy children today with a bad taste of JW from the past. I never have been able to forgive myself for the strictness, the disallowing my children to live a decent and normal childhood. However, I do believe parents as JW's can without knowing do lasting emotional abuse to their children because of the man made rules of the organization.

• Nowman
    Nowman

For me, I did not know Willie had some serious issues. I went to Highschool with him, he would tell his parents about me at school. Therefore, I was in huge trouble alot with my parents. My opinion of Willie was that he was a good JW boy. He used to sit between his parents at the hall. Because I was an only child also, my parents had me sit between them later on when I was getting into trouble.

My point is, I do not think people knew Willie had issues. Yet, when Paul did not show up for the bookstudy at our house (he was out conductor), there was a feeling right away that Willie had done something. Then when Paul did not show up for an out of town talk on the next Sunday, we all knew something was seriously wrong, and we all knew Willie had done something, and we were just hoping we were wrong. My parents called the police. They sent me to a friends house. The cop was too big to fit through the basement window of their house, so they sent my dad in. At that point, Willie was no where to be found. But, my parents knew (me too) this involved Willie. Then you know the story.

My mom told me a couple of years ago, that in the late 80s we had a get together at our house. The Carlsons were there, Sandy and my mom were talking. Sandy says to my mom "Willie will never forgive me for what I did to him", and my mom says "what do you mean, "what you did to him"? They were both interrupted, and they never talked about it again. I will never forget that. People slept over at our house for weeks, it really affected the Libertyville hall.

At the funeral, I had someone come up to me and say, "Now, Nikki don't you go and do something like that". I was so hurt. It turns out this woman who said this to me wound up murdering her 34 year daughter this past April (she was handicapped). Still a JW, she just snapped. I think Willie just snapped, he obviously was sick. Who knows what really happened in his childhood. I was one of those kids with strict JW parents, but I just left at 18, I did not want to kill them.

Nikki

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Nowman,

Not trying to be a jerk, but you said nobody knew Willie had issues... but then you said that immediately everyone suspected Willie was involved.

Those two statements dont' seem to jive?

Am I missing something?

Also, another poster said the front door was wide open when it was cold out. You said the cop had to squeeze through the window.

Again, not questioning you, just trying to better understand how this all happened.

I bet that hall was NEVER the same after that. Too freaky.

CYP

• Nowman
    Nowman

Check_your_premises,

Its no problem. I understand what you are saying. Its exactly how I said it though, we thought Willie was a good little JW boy, we all knew his parents were extrememly strict, but when his parents came up to be murdered, we all suspected Wille, don't really know why. It was a gut feeling, that turned out to be correct, thats really all I can say about it. He was a loner, but so were other quiet JWs.

As for the person who posted about the door being wide open, I don't know what to tell you. I know my father went through that basement window on a Sunday evening, maybe that person went past the house on another day, who knows. But, those who were involved in the case know my father was there and he had to testify.

It was a creepy, freaky time period, again one I will never forget.

Nikki

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Thanks for clarifying.

I remember when you said that one lady gave you the "don't you do something like that line", and then she killed her daughter in St. Charles if I remember.

Ugh.

Do you know the earlier poster who used to study with Willie? She seemed to think he was a little off. I guess it is hard to know.

I am always shocked at some of the things I find go on behind closed doors.

CYP

• karsnow
    karsnow

Is he still in Statesville In Joliet? For how long?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit