1992 murder conviction is upheld - William Carlson

by Dogpatch 43 Replies latest jw friends

• willsadvocate
    willsadvocate

thanks!

no, i'm not suggesting killing his parents was an appropriate action and that i encourage it but i understand the amount of rage one feels in this dynamic. i know will personally and see him at least once a week. i know him very well, he is a good person and struggling to heal from all the damage done. i wish he would have spoken up or had someone to help him, someone he could trust when he was growing up.

• kls
    kls

WA said: i wish he would have spoken up or had someone to help him, someone he could trust when he was growing up.

I am not laying my problems on you just saying i know how people can turn their backs and not get involved.

• avishai
    avishai
    You have no right to judge him until you have been in his shoes

I don't think anyone was judging him, I think they were trying to help. And many of us HAVE been in his shoes. Welcome.

• willsadvocate
    willsadvocate

many of us, including myself, have been in his shoes, of course. but initially when i posted my first response it was to the other two people who were saying they went to visit him and also about jehovah loving human sacrifices. i know i was defensive but mostly because i too, have been involved in brainwashing organized religion and had abuse in the mix with that. i'm not saying that i or even Will should be pityed but i think those jehovah's witness' from his fathers church that once knew him should take it easy, and realize that this stuff happens alot within the churches of america. It seems like more and more the people involved in the church are the ones pointing fingers and judging when its them that are practicing cruelty. i know will and feel a strong desire to speak up for him, and protect him.

thanks everyone for being so friendly...i didnt expect.

• bebu
    bebu

LDH was being sarcastic, WA... She meant that the JW policies were responsible for enabling yet another situation for child abuse to continue, which resulted in his acting out.

She did not mean that she approved of the parents' behavior or even Will's. Just that the WTS shares a deep part of the blame.

Welcome, btw!

bebu

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Willsadvocate,

If you are in contact with him and he can receive hardcover books, let me know and I'll send him Steven Hassan's "Releasing the Bonds" (of cult mind control), a great deprogrammer guide.

Randy

• willsadvocate
    willsadvocate

whoops! i didnt realize! duh. lol!

yes i am in contact with him...he's at stateville in Joliet, IL.

I'll ask him if he's interested.. whats ur email address?

• willsadvocate
    willsadvocate

to dogpatch:

arg! i just realized he cant recieve hard cover...but maybe the book is availiable in soft cover or?

thanks for offering

• Gill
    Gill

Do you do retrial in the US when new evidence is revealed?

There must be some organization willing to help this young man with his appeal, surely!

How about your media? Surely someone in the media would be willing to pick up and run with this story.

• willsadvocate
    willsadvocate

Yes there is a possibility for a retrial when new evidence is revealed but Will admitted to killing his father when he was tried initially so i dont think there's any way around that. I wish there was. There is a possiblity for clemency, and the media could play a part there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit