.....and i'm out....

by red so deep 12 Replies latest jw friends

• red so deep
    red so deep

well, after a 4.5 hour long judicial meeting with my local elders i found out i'll be df'ed here in about a week and a half. i don't think it was so much my offense (smoking ciggs and weed) but my attitude. the elders were trying to draw out some repentance, but i was pretty straightforward about the politics and hypocrisy in the org, especially in the case of the neighboring congregations elder body, who seem to be on a witch hunt for me and my friends....when one of the elders asked my how i felt my actions affected jehovah, i brought out that example in the old testament where the boys were making fun of the bald priest or prophet, then he got pissed and called down evil on them *in the name of jehovah* and the she-bears devoured the poor kids. if he endorses the massacre of CHILDREN that weren't even given an opportunity to repent, why should he give a shit if i light up a joint? anyways, i'm happy with the decision and it will be interesting to see how my life changes.....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    if he endorses the massacre of CHILDREN that weren't even given an opportunity to repent

perfect example

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well, if being df'd doesn't affect your everyday life too badly you have really made a good deal...

Perhaps it was the best stuff you'll ever smoke!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Oh my June, I think we've lost control of the Beaver.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

good for you. I hope that being DF'd doesn't ruin your life... but it's freeing in a lot of ways, you can be who you want to be without all the bullcrap pretense.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    when one of the elders asked my how i felt my actions affected jehovah, i brought out that example in the old testament where the boys were making fun of the bald priest or prophet, then he got pissed and called down evil on them *in the name of jehovah* and the she-bears devoured the poor kids.

Good for you for seeing that not only is the WTS full of crap, but so is a lot of the Bible.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Good for you!

If you get a good education, you will show them by having a great life & not becoming a fulfilment of their "prophecies" of what happens when you leave. Remember, living well IS the best revenge!

• under74
    under74

Damn you're smart. Stay strong and know that even if you go through some tough times (a lot of us have know matter what the circumstances) you're not alone in this. And know also that the tough times can be good in the end even if it doesn't seem that way when you're going through them....but you probably know this already...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was 17 when I was first DF'd (I mention this because of the birthdate you have listed on the board). I returned and was reinstated because the support structure I needed was there. My family made me feel guilty for leaving, I wasn't permitted to associate with non-JW's. I lied to myself and lived miserably the next 8 years of my life. Don't do that to yourself! Do what's right for you regardless of what you're told and you'll be truely happy.

Good luck.

Kwin

• Mystery
    Mystery
    i'm happy with the decision and it will be interesting to see how my life changes.....

I was DF'ed around 17 (i am quite a few years older now and those dates just simply don't mean anything to me now) like you my father was an elder. The guilt your parents can make you feel is so huge that you can even imagine it right now.

Being an ?obedient and wanting-only-to-please? daughter I was able to be reinstated within, I think it was 6 months but it may have been a little longer. (like I said I have limited memory in my ?old? age) But regardless of the reinstatement I still could not take ?the truth?. It was false and I couldn?t keep pretending. So I faded?. Still fading? 25+ years later. Maybe I will be DF?ed again, maybe I won?t, it really doesn?t matter. I am happier now than I have ever been.

Just remember that your parents ?think? they love ?you? and are doing the best for you. Don?t be to hard on them but this may be your opportunity to make them ?really think?.

Answer my question regarding the association of WTBS with the UN and I will ??

Answer my question regarding the biblical reasoning behind shunning (be able to bring up scriptures to counteract the ?bad association? scriptures they will throw at you).

Blondie is an excellent source of information regarding questions you may be able to ask your parents. You may want to PM her if you decide to go this route.

I am going to sound like a mom now; watch the weed it can began to control you or make you go to harder things. Don?t let it control you like the WTBS has tried to. I have two teenage boys, really close to your age. So don?t even try to give me the spill??. Just remember to control all you do; don?t let anything control you. WTBS, weed, chocolate, a person, etc?..

OK I will get off the mom thing now.

Take care Andrew. If you need us, simply get on line. Someone will be here.

Just another mom, deborah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit