What do you Find Encouraging?

by Golf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Under74, thanks for your comments. Tell me, what have you done to overcome this awkwardness? In my travels, some have said, physical activities and a change in lifestyle has given them a better outlook on life. For me, I no longer dwell on what JW's do, then again, did I 'really' dwell on what JW's did since I was into sports? Having this attitude made it easier for me to adjust. Take the positives of what you have learned and build it on it. In sports when a team is losing, they go back to the basics. Why should life be any different? Fight the negatives with the positives you've accomplished in life. The rewards are there. The best. Guest77

• under74
    under74

G- Sometimes it's just a matter of growing up and out of the JW mindframe. I can't say I always feel awkward when someone gives me a compliment but then I have those days...

• Golf
    Golf

Under74, to make adjustments when leaving the org., you need to give yourself time and don't expect great things out of yourself in the begining. Make good use of time, make it your friend. I'm getting along in years like everyone else, but, I've made good use of my time. I've learned to be content and not expect miracles. As to compliments,how about complimenting yourself for practicing acts of mercy and compassion? We all have our strengths and weaknesses, the trick is to make these qualities work for us. For instance, if we make it a habit to dwell on the negatives without the positives our cars/vehicles will not start. Yes, it's a balancing act, however, we need to take the bull by the horns and say, enough is enough with the negatives of life. Developing a positive attitude requires time and effort, in the long haul of life it has its rewards. Why allow the negatives of life rob you of joy and happiness that you deserve, why? People who have set goals and have reach out have reaped rewards. Think about it, again, the best to you. Guest77

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I find it very encouraging when I call an office/business and the phone is answered politely, with a "good morning" and with a tone of a smile on the other end.

I also find it very encouraging when I see well-behaved children in restaurants. Oh, so satisfying!

DY

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well Please and Thank you is always nice to hear.

However when someone like in a check out says have a nice day you know its what they have to say....nothing bad about it its just sounds so routine....anyway I beat them to it and I say have a great or a fantastic day and if its on a Friday Sat I say have a great weekend also. Its a really great impact the person is stunned and then says thank you and says it back but with meaning.

Its always the little things that have a impact. I teach my kids please and thank you and I always get compliments on how well behaved and polite my kids are in public....My daughter has it down were when I ask her if she wants something she always say yes please or no thank you.

Brooke WI

• Golf
    Golf

DY, in my study room I have this plaque and it reads, "Everyone Needs a Little help Now and Then." One of the things I've lerned in playing golf, especially tournaments is, everyone shakes hands at the end of the round and we have drinks together. I have always found that soooo encouraging, golf acquaintances and drinks, hmmmmm. In golf, a well excecuted shot is highly complimented, sinking a crucial putt is even more rewarding. Guest77

• franklin J
    franklin J

Positive thinking and an open mind.....those 2 things were denied me as a JW and I hold them both in high esteem.....

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

There, I think that's enough for now.

Michaele

• Golf
    Golf

FJ. right on! There's no question that there's more than enough negativity everywhere. To combat this attitude requires discipline and patience. I've met a number of so-called worldy people in my travels who are positive in life. These people have experienced hardships but they don't dwell on it. Positive also means being realistic. GF, I'll have to keep those movies in mind. True successful stories shown on the screen are inspirational. Don't shy away from sharing other encouraging thoughts. Guest77

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Golf,

Of this list, only Genghis Blues is a biopic. The others are fiction - The Triplets of Belleville is a wickedly hilarious cartoon, which features a trio of elderly, impoverished sisters who were pop music stars once upon a time - and who have come up with weird yet elegant solutions to the everyday problems of poverty.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit