Why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill....

by mkr32208 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Put it to you this way. Would you leave a mate that refused to give you an orgasm or would you stay around and just fake it for the rest of your life? To me it's the same thing.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I asked myself this question exactly once since leaving, last week, during the whole fracus with my family preceeding a funeral I chose not to attend. One answer, and one answer only came through my head..

No, no, no, no and no.

My husband put it succinctly: "You can't not know what you know."

hugs

essie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

NO WAY. I would much rather go back to my birth, when I was perfectly innocent and forgo learning all their crap and have grown up without all the chit.

But would I live a half life? No way... it's like asking someone would you live blind and deaf if really it wasn't a physical handicap and all you had to do was remove the blindfold and ear plugs????

You are going through some major life changes, it's not easy. But someday when you're happy and dancing away and smiling it will all be worth it.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Put it to you this way. Would you leave a mate that refused to give you an orgasm or would you stay around and just fake it for the rest of your life? To me it's the same thing. hahahaa... I actually had that thought but didn't post it... but once you've actually been there and done that, there is no way you could return to a relationship like that. (shhhh, been there, done that, and thankfully ain't there no more! no wonder I was always b**tchy)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My mom and dad asked me the exact same question after I DAed.

Keep in mind that my mom claims to me "annointed" and my dad is an elder.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

im glad i went in full depth and left i was one of those people who studied on and off for 20 years ,i finally thought if i try my hardest ill be good enough 4 jehova so when i messed up after 2 years of me trying my best then getting my ass dfshped because i fessed up to something i no longer felt guilty. i saw it for what it was something that tried to act as my conceince.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Can you forget hypocrisy??? Can you forget being betrayed???

Can you forget that you weren't shown love by a religious organization that claims to have "brotherly love" but in your home accuse you of being pedophiles because they haven't seen your publisher card???

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I didnt' say that I would in fact I WOULD NOT EVER I faded several years ago and won't ever go back I just wondered if anyone had ever had those type of thoughts...

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

I guess I will be the first to reply to this in the affirmative. At one time, when I first began learning the truth about the truth, I wished I hadn't started on the path I was now on. It was too unbelievable, too difficult to admit my whole life had been based on a sham. There were times I researched verociously for weeks on end, then I would reach my emotional limit, throw a book across the room, have a good cry and put everything aside for a few weeks to pull myself together. It was during those times, yes, I wished I'd never learned what I was now learning.

Now, though, I've gone through the denial and the anger and the bargaining. It's such a good life now, much better than I ever could have had before.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

No way.

I had a dream once at a very young age (can't say for sure if I was 5-6). In it, I had gotten an awesome little hotwheels car for being a good boy. I can still to this day remember it in detail. Anyway, in the dream, I tucked it in the corner of my closet behind a whole bunch of boxes and stuff that my mother also kept in there. Well when I woke up, I had trouble figuring out whether I had really gotten the car or not. But the lure of it being real got the better of me and I wasted a good deal of time in the closet trying to find this fictitious car. I was disillusioned with myself. From then on I've always been a bit more cautious about being fooled by myself or others. I've still got alot of in-built gullibility to work on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit