Sorry to whomever I offended

by Bubbamar 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I made a post yesterday on the thread about the Living Water - JW-breakaway-cult and posted a quote from their website where they say that God wants to kill homosexuals because he really hates the sinner, not just the sin. Then I said something like, "so, see, god hates queers." My post was deleted because one of the mods received a couple of complaints.

I would like to formally apologize to whomever was offended. I was being sarcastic --- I am queer myself - therefore I felt like it was okay to say what I said. I get tired of so-called "Christians" who feel like its okay to say that god wants to kill queers. I say so-called because my reading of Christ's words lead me to the belief that He wants us to be very loving to each other. My post was related to the original post where it was stated that the website and group is evil. My post was in support of that statement. Killing queers is evil. IMHO

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It's okay Bubbamar. No apologies necessary.

We've had so many complaints from gays and lesbians regarding some bigoted opinions in the past that maybe we pull the trigger too fast now. Someimtes it's necessary to read a quote or a statement in context with the rest of the thread to get the full meaning. I didn't see your post, but I've read what you have had to say in the past and you strike me as a reasonable and intelligent person.

Chris

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((Bubbamar)))

I find it awesome when a poster sincerely apologizes like this. I was just reading a post a few moments ago where it was mentioned that we all come here as "naked" in a sense---open and vulnerable as we are.

KUDOS to you Bubbamar!

hugs,

Annie

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I was being sarcastic --- I am queer myself

You mean queer as in you dress well?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Nah, I think he means "queer" as in he's an oddball like the rest of us! Albeit a well-dressed oddball with an incredible sense of interior decorating and good taste. (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

{{{{ Bubbamar }}}}

Peace

Brenda

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

He's probably neat and slim too - I hate him.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

When you get the queers, can you take care of all those pesky coloreds too?

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

You people crack me up!!! "Pesky coloreds too" LMAO!! You will defintely be deleted for that!!I'm so glad to see some people with a sense of humor!!!

You people need to wake up and check out the little pink symbol below my avatar. Yes, SHE is neat and slim and a bit odd. However, we lesbians generally aren't the best dressed. Comfort is definitely number 1 over fashion for me. I think the fab 5 should do a show called "queer eye for the lesbians." And as far as interior decorating...thank god for pottery barn!

Sunspot and Chris - Thanks for your kind words - Ya'll are so sweet!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You're forgiven. Not that you offended me or nothing.

It's noble of you to excuse yourself this way.

DY

• xochsi
    xochsi

What's the difference between gay and queer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit