Sorry to whomever I offended

by Bubbamar 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

LOL - The difference between queer and gay is just semantics - word choice.

I guess its kind of like when black people use the "n" word amongst themselves or in referring to themselves. I think its just taking ownership of a word that others use in a hateful way. If I already know I'm a queer or a dyke - then you can't hurt me with it.

So if I were straight and made the post I made - It would definitely be offensive. Same as if Stinkypantz were not colored - she couldn't get away with her statement. (I see it hasn't been deleted yet). Haha

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Political correctness....let's be real careful not too "offend" someone else, is just getting downright aggravating. Are people really that sensative?

It's ok for an Africian American to call someone of their own race a niggger, but it's offensive when someone outside of the race does the same. Not that I'm condoning it...it just seems stupid to me.

If you don't like being called faggot...don't call yourself that.

Geezzzzz I'm so friggen tired "be careful not too offend.." that it's just disgusting.

Can some of you political correctness folks consider the fact that not everyone goes around saying, "nigger, faggot, etc.....but it's ok when you do it. I don't really like your double standard, either.

Granny, who has friends from various walks of life, class.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

That's ok. Everybody makes mistakes. No biggy.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Yes, SHE is neat and slim and a bit odd.

I'm sorry. I relate queer with guys I guess because of the show.

{rewind to lesbian jokes}

So an actual cowboy was working at a dude ranch. A cowgirl came up to him and asked, "Are you a real cowboy or one of the dudes?" He explained he was a real cowboy. He then asked in return "Are you a real cowgirl?" - She said "Well I thought so, but lately I've been thinking of naked women all the time - when I wake up, when I shower, when I go to bed. I'm being to think I'm a lesbian."

Later on another fellow ran into the cowboy and also asked - are you a real cowboy? "Well I thought so, but I'm being to think that I'm a lesbian" he replied.

• xochsi
    xochsi

I thought gay was: I want to blank your blank . . .

and queer was: I'll let you blank my blank

just messing around here. I too hate political correctness. I would just like to add that we no longer use the term "colored" for african americans. I think "black" is the preferred term nowadays. My friend works in a grocery store where they are so politically correct that they cannot refer to a pack of colored napkins as "colored napkins". They are called "assorted napkins". Go figure.

xochsi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Bubba)))

[email protected] crack me up!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    [email protected] crack me up!

No really she is pesky.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Most vegans believe that killing steers is evil as well.

So, uhm, ...there

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Billygoat-

Confused-

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Bubba, I'm glad you were able to "come out" and clarify the meaning of your comments..........and what is more, if you are indeed "queer", and feel comfortable using that term, then, good for you! I guess it's along the same line as black people calling each other the "N" word....I don't think an apology was necessary. I think it's sad that so much is made about certain words and people have become hypersensitive to them........but, I certainly understand the reasons behind it.

Hugs,

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit