Removed from being an elder for being over weight?

by frankiespeakin 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

The only instance of an obese person mentioned in the Bible is cast in a negative light:

Jehu killed fat king Eglon with a left handed sword thrust

Is this like birthdays?

Don't forget the Awake! November 8, 2004 cover articles "Obesity What is the Solution?" does not make one scriptural reference in 11 pages for the topic. (So much for "Bible-based!) Why, because it is a soft-pedal piece.

How many magazines can you place with the following cited, eh?

(Philippians 3:19) . . .their god is their belly. . .

(Deuteronomy 21:20) . . .?This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton . . .

(Proverbs 23:20) Do not come to be among heavy drinkers of wine, among those who are gluttonous eaters of flesh.. . .

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

That CO was going beyond what is written and should be df'd.

Isaiah 55:2 clearly states:

Why do you people keep paying out money for what is not bread, and why is your toil for what results in no satisfaction? Listen intently to me, and eat what is good, and let your soul find its exquisite delight in fatness itself.

Walter

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    Listen intently to me, and eat what is good, and let your soul find its exquisite delight in fatness itself.

wow i'm biblical! lol

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witnesses were so fat here that the only cars used for service had to have 6 ply tires and overload shocks on the rear. They put double wide doors on the Kingdom Halls for a reason. When I was dating Witness girls as a youth, my mother told me if you want to know what a girl will look like in 25 years, go look at her mother. I went in the hall and looked at the mothers and went outside and threw up in the shrub line.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Frankiespeakin,

I remember him. I was only about 11 or 12. His first name was Nick. Ralphie used to have a hard time with him. Not to many Elders and Servants liked him from what I remember. Do you remember Paul Madsen, the CO who barked liked a dog on the podium at a circuit assembly? He was real young for a CO in his 30's I still owe you a phone call don't I?

CC

• blondie
    blondie

I heard of an elder who had his "privileges" reduced because of his weight but it was just a cover for the real reason, his overdrinking, which everyone danced around.

What about the elders that are fatheads?

Blondie

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Things get bad on the opposite side of the fence as well. In Greenfield, MA an elder DF'd his OWN DAUGHTER because she was either anorexic or bolemic. From what I heard the reasons for her DFing were because of overexcessive VANITY. Ehhhh these assholes need to be taught that this is a [edit] disease that needs treatment! [Removed].

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

CC,

Do you remember Paul Madsen, the CO who barked liked a dog on the podium at a circuit assembly? He was real young for a CO in his 30's

I just returned to CT when he was on his last visits in the circut. But I remember him,,he seemed some what proud of the fact that 2 congregations were desolved durring his rain. I told him about a lady speaking in tounges at the door,, and he told me if it was him he would have run away as soon as the lady start. I told him that his fear was unwarented because when we are out in service Jehovah will protect us. He didn't like me for saying that.

I still owe you a phone call don't I?
    You don't owe me anything. If you want to call me I'll be glad to talk,,but don't feel you owe me a call. I will prolly give you one soon. Tell Tink I said hello.
  • confusedjw
    confusedjw

20 years ago there was a sister that they wouldn't allow to aux pioneer because of her weight. I was just new then and was horrified.

I too should have run for the door then.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Don't you just love all these OT stories the Watchtower cites about how Whatshisname murdered that fat guy and hid the weapon inside the body and sneaked away, and how Whatshername tricked that other guy, lied and got him drunk, then killed him while he slept by hammering a tent peg into his skull? **But JWs Christians would do well to stay way away from any God-displeasing forms of entertainmet that glorify violence of any kind.**

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit