Sacred Feminine

by New Castles 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• New Castles
    New Castles

Can someone help me with this topic?? Recently I have been interested in investigating on how historical and mythical information has shaped religion today, particularly Christianity. One important piece of information that I keep coming across is the sacred feminine. Can anyone break this down for someone who has never done research outside of the WTS publications?? Some links to info would help as well.

THanks!!

NC

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

The Power of Myth is a great video/DVD series with Joseph Campbell that deals with that topic in-depth. Fascinating stuff!

• New Castles
    New Castles

Thanks!!!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Definatley check out "The Chalice and the Blade" and "When God was a Woman." both books are excellent resources for learning about the Goddess culture that predated christianity by thousands of years. You'll find hard evidence archeologically to support this. Very interesting read. I think you'll find the answer about sacred feminine in either of those.

Sherry

• New Castles
    New Castles

Thanks

I had heard about the Chalice and the Blade, I havent gotten a chance of picking it up....

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

You could probably benefit from Leolaia's thorough study on Ashera:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/73244/1.ashx

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    "The Chalice and the Blade"

I have that book, also and it is awesome! Amazingly, when they investigated cultures where it was a female deity, they found that it was peaceful and that it treated males and females as equals............interesting stuff and definitely something we need to practice today!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I have that book, also and it is awesome! Amazingly, when they investigated cultures where it was a female deity, they found that it was peaceful and that it treated males and females as equals............interesting stuff and definitely something we need to practice today

I sure wished we could get back to a society like this!

M'

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think anything that makes a distinction in man ie..male/female is to invite conflict. Man exist as male and female that is how he came to being,, to treat one more special than the other is unclear thinking and vanity.

If feminine is sacred,, then so is man, and so is the earth, and so are the stars, and so is the whole universe. If feminine is sacred.

I tend to think it all is sacred,, but,, by what authority can I proclaim it as true?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I wonder how cultures got on where they worshipped a trine of "Father / Mother / Hermaphrodite Child"?

Some view the Holy Spirit as the feminine side of deity, underlying every atom of the universe and working tirelessly in loving nurture. As a comforter and teacher without compare, the main characteristics seem to prefer a feminine quality than a masculine one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit