Is the Organizaton slowing down or are we just imagining it?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here the Witnesses rely on perceptual contrast in many areas including the perception of meeting attendance. They place their building up close to the street with the parking lot mostly to the back. With the two dozen or so front parking spaced filled, the lot looks full and the hall seems to be prospering on meeting nights.

The Catholic church across the street locates it's building on the back of the lot with the parking area closest to the street because they don't need any perceptual contrast to fool people. If only the Witness cars were in the Catholic parking lot across the street, the lot would look empty.

It's a shell game like everything else the Witnesses do.

Do I think the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation is flourishing? You bet! Plush new buildings with huge new printing presses and open expense accounts for the owners to cruise around the world with. All from the nickles and dimes we raised as kids peddling mass produced religious literature on dirty street corners next to the bums and the winos. The three main communes are constantly being expanded and improved in the USA. That means money and this is a business and that spells success.

GaryB

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

just called my jw dad . and asked about the k hall that became a baptist church. he tried to say that the family that owned the hall. wanted the property back. after at least 35 years? and the wt gave it back to the family.. this is a residentual street and this hall don't look like a house. i asked him if he was 100% sure of this. he said NO. i can't believe his answer. has anyone heard of something like this before. john p.s i just called my dad back .and questioned him some more. now he admits he really know nothing about , who owned the hall, who sold it, were the $$$$$$$$$ went etc. then his voice kept getting ,lower and lower, till he hung up.

• Mary
    Mary
    he tried to say that the family that owned the hall. wanted the property back. after at least 35 years? and the wt gave it back to the family..

What the f---?? No family owns an individual KH......that is the most absurb thing I've ever heard................and the WT wouldn't throw a bone to a starving dog without expecting something for it...........

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I beg to differ with you on one point Gary, they *are* flourishing. THey will always flourish with people leavimng their estates to them. However, on the other hand, they will not be getting any converts in the United States, so I will say that their focus will be on the third worldl countries. The USA. AUS, EURO, etc. know about them, and their reception in those countries will not be great. I think they will start to attack the countries that don't have the infrasructure to support mass information

athene

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I think the growth has always been attributed to so many Witnesses having kids, getting them baptized and counting them as publishers. I know I pioneered for like 8 years and never talked anyone into becoming a witness.

I keep thinking that people are going to wake up... I mean seriously, the end was supposed to be here by now. It's 2004... 2004 - 1914 = 90 years. What happens in 2014 ????

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh, the WTBTS is slowing down big time, suddenly and dramatically.

And that is excellent news!

Their lies and inconsistencies is catching up with them fast these days that the internet has made the world a lot smaller and well informed.

DY

• upside/down
    upside/down

For what it's worth I made the same comment 2 years ago. I had been a Dub for 20 years and had served in 2 congos "where the great are needed". I also served in 3 Laaarge Halls in SoCal, I made the remark that I had hardly seen a new face the whole time! Most (almost all) were "move-in-dubs" from other areas.

I personally watched "the count" be completely FALSIFIED to a HUGE degree (over 30% exageration) by our PO so that he could remain emperor, I mean "in charge" of the congo. When I blew the whistle on him all hell broke loose and I WAS PUNISHED!!! The CO did nothing and all of the other SPINELESS elders did nothing. Our meeting attendance was A JOKE! But our "numbers" looked good on paper- man that sounds like a sales meeting at work! I sincerely pio'd for 5 years and didn't get 1 real "taker".What's funny is that I was in sales for years could "sell ice-cubes to Eskimos",but not one Dub convert- go figure? This used to make me feel special, I mean God picked me (little old me!) and not the rest of these poor slobs... Who wouldn't feel special?

Always remember- the numbers never lie (just the men writing them down).

I'm pretty sure the WTS is benefiting from "a truth" P.T.Barnum stated, "there's a sucker born every minute."

u/d

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    The Internet is chipping away at the Witness's strangle hold on free thought.

i give this comment five stars. brilliant (and too true!).

• justhuman
    justhuman

In my country I see the Mormons at the streets preaching more offen istead the Jw's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit