SCORE = 11 US, 8 THEM

by bikerchic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I added up all the imediate members of my family who have left the B'org and more have left then remain. This was promped by a conversation I had lastnight with my son who told me about a JW kid from his past got in contact with him out of the blue and she was telling him how many in her family were now DF'ed and NEVER planning on returning. We were really surprised because she was an Elder's daughter and one of the last people you would think would leave.

So what is your family score? Are WE winning?

• prophecor
    prophecor

All my family members have long since left, I was the last man standing before I bought the proverbial bullet, an aunt who introduced me to "The Truth" in the 1970's, was disfellowshipped during the mid 1980's, as well as were all of her children who were baptized, of which at least one I know has been dead over 12 years. It was a life of perpetual tragedy, filled with issues of co-dependency, homosexuality and aids.

Though I can't lay blame on the Society for the un-wise choices my family members have made, the critical tyranical stance that is taken regarding erring members in "The Truth", can be viewed as a reason so much grief, pain and hardship, has, does and will no doubt continue to be a factor in the lives of those remaining.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Four out, two in!

Ian

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

In my immediate family, the score is now 3 out, 2 in.

SNG

• troucul
    troucul

six to nothing. and the fat woman finished singing about a year ago. if you want to count in-laws, then it's 14 - 6. I have faith tho, they'll get the hint sooner or later.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

3 out, 2 in

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My immediate family: 2 out, 5 in. One of my "in" sisters is "weak" though. She and her basically inactive husband drink, swear, etc.... we do more together now that I'm completely out. :)

• JH
    JH

In defense to this, the JW's will say....

"for many are called, but few are chosen."

• zev
    zev

in my imediate family, mother father and sisters, 6 out 0 in

i was the last one out.

i made sure i turned off the lights.

• shamus
    shamus

2 out, 0 in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest