Who really is the EVIL Slave?

by Flash 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flash
    Flash

Gumby

How exactly does the WTBTS do this would you say?

Their endless restriction of personal freedoms is oppressive. Their routine misuse of Fear and Guilt to manipulate. Their deliberate use of Self Doubt instilled into each member of the congregation to neutralize their thinking abilities and become an Unquestioning Follower. Add to that, the constant Policing done by the Elders at the orders of the GB. All of this constitutes "beating" their fellow slaves IMO. Jesus said the 'truth' would set us free, John 8:31,32 Well, instead of freeing the people the GB enslaves them, they are no better than the Scribes and Pharisees of Jesus time, they are with haughtyness 'Lording it over' the Congregation!

Another point. It occured to me after posting this Thread that there must be a reason why Matthew 24:49 and Luke 12:45 read differantly. Might it be that the 'fellow slaves' are fellow Anointed and the 'menservants and maidservants' are the 'Other Sheep'? This would mean that everyone under the authority of the 'faithful slave gone bad' would be beat. I believe that would be consistant with what's been happening.

VM44

Rutherford was well known to intimidate and brow beat those around him, ties in with "beating their fellow slaves" doesn't it?

I've heard that. He also forbade marriage to Bethelites and Missionaries, yet he himself married!

Blondie

Christendom and the great crowd (other sheep) are not considered part of the evil slave. Bible Students are though. I think they believe that the WTS are the evil slave.

That's funny, each thinks the other is the Evil Slave!

Heathen

As I've said in my own thread they are an evil satanic cult .

We often agree Heathen, yet, I don't believe the Witnesses are Satanic. They certainly act like a Cult though! No doubt about it!

Deputy Dog

Who else could Jesus be talking about.

Your right Jesus did warn us of false Messiahs. I think they could come in any form though, religious, political, social movements. Whatever people will accept as their savior. IMO

• avishai
    avishai

ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!!!

• gumby
    gumby

You guys who think the WTBTS are some part of bible prophecy really take the damn cake.Why'd ya leave the hall in the first place? You might as well read the Revelation Book and study up on how the "Trumpet Blasts" and the 'Pouring of the Bowls' out represented the witnesses too. Jesus!

Gumby

• Flash
    Flash

You guys who think the WTBTS are some part of bible prophecy really take the damn cake.Why'd ya leave the hall in the first place? You might as well read the Revelation Book and study up on how the "Trumpet Blasts" and the 'Pouring of the Bowls' out represented the witnesses too. Jesus!

Gumby

The answers in my Profile, that's why I wrote it.

That's a good example of the many things I am not convinced of from the WTS.

Why did you ask me for an explaination anyway?? Never mind, I'm not that interested.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey.....can I kiss and make up? I was just giving my opinion. You can tell me I'm full of baloney too if ya want.

Gumby

• Flash
    Flash
    Hey.....can I kiss and make up? I was just giving my opinion. You can tell me I'm full of baloney too if ya want.

Gumby

No, we're good. Your opinion is welcome. Please remember I'm not an organizational apologist. Have a Great Day Gumby!

• gumby
    gumby
    Might it be that the 'fellow slaves' are fellow Anointed and the 'menservants and maidservants' are the 'Other Sheep' ?

I thought you said you weren't an...."organisational apologist"?

Btw.....thanks for not getting to pissed

Gumby

• Flash
    Flash
    I thought you said you weren't an...."organisational apologist"?

Btw.....thanks for not getting to pissed

Gumby

LOL, I'm not an apologist in the sense that I perform mental gymnastics to 'make' the WTS correct in all things. I do believe their core beliefs are correct.

No problem. I have no interest in arguing, I had plenty of that at the Hall, especialy with the Elders! What I like about this site and those on it, is whether we agree or not we all think for ourselves and express our opinions freely.

• Gill
    Gill

Sorry to interrupt folks but surely an organization that had been getting WRONG the date of Armageddon for well over a hundred years now can not in any way be described as a good, honest or wholesome organization.

It terrifies its members into submission by constantly warning them of 'the end days' and that it's about to happen any time now....any time now....any time..... Heaven forbid anyone holds their breath for that long!

It's prophecies are ALWAYS wrong!

It's members are criticised and chastised constantly by literature and word from the platform from their spiritual police men, (I know, I"ve been there).

So which core belief exactly is right?

Not God's name?

Not the coming of Armageddon? (Could it be 1894' or 1914, or 1925, or 1935, or1975, or anytime now?)

Did Jesus die on a cross or stake? (who knows?)

Need I go on?

SO WHO REALLY IS THE EVIL SLAVE?

I WONDER?

• Flash
    Flash
    It's members are criticised and chastised constantly by literature and word from the platform from their spiritual police men, (I know, I"ve been there).

Your exactly right and thats my point. That all sounds like "BEATING" to me! So how is it they consider themselves the "Faithful Slave"? Denial, self delusion. Pride does that, it lies to us. It tells us we're something other than what we really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit