Who really is the EVIL Slave?

by Flash 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flash
    Flash

Since Sirona posted her Thread about the WTS view of hypnosis I've been thinking hard on how overbearing and endlessly intrusive the GB are in the day-to-day lives of the people their supposed to be 'serving'. It occured to me that 'they' are the ones who are 'beating their fellow slaves.' After re-reading Matthew 24:45-51and Luke 12:42-46 it seems to me that the Evil Slave would have be people who are still in a position of authority over Jesus's followers during the End Times and not people who were no longer a part of the congregation. The view of the GB that Mr. Franz and those who left or were expelled with him are the Evil Slave IMO doesn't match the description stated in verses 45 and 46 (or in Matt.24:48, 49). What do you think?

Luke 12: 45, 46

"45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, 'My master delays coming,' (missed Armageddon dates and the changed view of 1914 / Last Generation?) and should start to beat the menservants and the maidservants, (worldwide congregation?) and to eat and drink and get drunk, (UN-NGO and other wrong behavior?) 46 the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting [him] and in an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones. (apostates?)

WT says Hypnosis is Spellcasting

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/80969/1.ashx

• gumby
    gumby

Quite the comparison.

I see this. Jesus says, that if any of his diciples begin acting like a worthless wicked slave would act if he thought he wouldn't get caught by his master and starts abusing his fellowman/slaves and leading a wicked life, then this slave better not hope his Lord arrives while living a life such as that.

How exactly does the WTBTS do this would you say?

Gumby

• VM44
    VM44

Perhaps Rutheford was really the evil slave? And to deflect attention to this possibility, he called "the evil slave" all those that left the PUBLISHING HOUSE known as The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society! Really, are the righteous ones the ones that stay in control of the printing presses? --VM44 P.S. Rutherford was well known to intimidate and brow beat those around him, ties in with "beating their fellow slaves" doesn't it?

• heathen
    heathen

The evil slave is the WTBTS .

• Carmel
    Carmel

the witchtower has nothing to do with any class or group in the bible other than those still wandering in the wilderness of self-deceipt.

carm

• gumby
    gumby
    the witchtower has nothing to do with any class or group in the bible other than those still wandering in the wilderness of self-deceipt.

Oh come now Carm......you know god intended for his sacred writers to write about this 19th century group nearly two thousand years in advance. Russell was "foreknown" by god to be the originator of what would become the evil slave....known today as Jehovah's Witnesses. Everyone knows that ya big silly.

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

According to the WTS, the evil slave have to have been of the anointed (remnant, 144,000) and left and worked against the remaining slaves.

Of course, that presupposes that there is only 144,000 literally and that only the WTS was approved by God.

It could be that the WTS was the evil slave and the members that left are the faithful slave.

Christendom and the great crowd (other sheep) are not considered part of the evil slave. Bible Students are though. I think they believe that the WTS are the evil slave.

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

From what I've read the WTBTS went after freddy franz because he wanted to tell the truth about them and the hypocrisy so obviously that couldn't happen so what's better than demonizing somebody ? I still need a copy of the COC book . I don't know how much more evil can a religion get when they gather everybody together to celebrate the lords evening meal and then reject the symbols of christs suffering , and why do they do that ? Because the WTBTS tells them too . As I've said in my own thread they are an evil satanic cult .

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Oh come now Carm......you know god intended for his sacred writers to write about this 19th century group nearly two thousand years in advance. Russell was "foreknown" by god to be the originator of what would become the evil slave....known today as Jehovah's Witnesses. Everyone knows that ya big silly.

Oh come now Gum......look at Luke 21:8

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ?I am he,? and, ?The due time has approached.? Do not go after them.

Who else could Jesus be talking about.

D Dog

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    the witchtower has nothing to do with any class or group in the bible other than those still wandering in the wilderness of self-deceipt

Somebody didn't read the Revelation Book!!! LOL

Mind you that is on the Fiction shelves of the local library, not the Religion shelves.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit