Who Is The Greatest Sports Hero of All Time???

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Badger
    Badger

alt

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Mario Lemieux, Roberto Clemente, Franco Harris - have all helped make my city the arrogant, Cleveland hating, beer and a shot drinking, swaggering and staggering town that it is.

Lemieux won us 2 Stanley Cups and then bought the team and played for it - he and Jagr side by side was a duo you'll never see again. And big ol' Kevin Stevens planted by the goal to ram home the puck. What a team. What a time... Francis, Errey, Tocchet, Barasso, Wregget... and Pitrangelo's "The Save" against the Whalers (remember them?) Ah, how we tormented the Capitals, Rangers, and Devils every year... until the damned neutral zone trap was invented... damn them...

Clemente I do not remember; but he was one of the best players in history and died on a charity mission. We cannot believe that the best baseball player in history actually played for the Burgh, but he did.

And Franco Harris, who caught the Immaculate Reception? Now he does a lot of public appearances and charity work and really helps define the character of my city. So he is a hero in more than one sense - he was just lucky or blessed that day; but ever since he has worked for it.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit