The subtle distancing of my Witness past....

by logansrun 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Bradley:

I got your "funk-shun-analy ottonomonomous" or whatever you called it. When you wanna see it, just ring me up... <evil smirk>.

The friends I've made off this board that I've come to know in a more personal way, and met, are friends that I would pick if anyway. I have plenty of friends: on the board, and off. I just happen to like both sets of them!

Smooooooooooooches Bradley! In your face, Big, Handsome, Carnivore!

Country Girl

• Gill
    Gill

I understand what you're trying to say Logansrun about not hanging around JWDF and gradually letting go, but I have only just a few weeks ago started reading these sites. Though I have been fading out of the JW's for a couple of years my first experience with ex-JW's was on such discussion boards. What did I find? People who had been 'there' before and who knew already that escaping the JW's was going to get easier.

Having been a JW in the past for such long periods of time can't help but shape all of us and people who have never been in the cult CANNOT even begin to understand the devastating effect being brainwashed for all your life can have on you mind.

One of the most comforting things that I found when I began reading JWDF was that everyone was coping and recovering no matter what else was going on in their lives and the reason for that was that they had such strong solid support from other ex-JW's who knew what they were going through.

So, if you need to cut down posting, then fine but, don't abandon it all together, please.

It has already been an enormous help to me and I'm sure countless others.

I hope that one day I can also help people who have only just left the craziness that is the JW cult

• willyloman
    willyloman

We all take different paths, but this works for me:

Developing a philosophy of life that is more profound and enlightening than what you had is critical.

It's easier to "get over" the dubs when you come to realize you hold the moral and spiritual high ground.

• gumby
    gumby
    I've seen others who, after some time to heal, are able to get on with life, acknowledge their loss occassionally, and go forward. Which would you rather be?

See that part there that says....which would you rather be? Rather be? Bradley my bud....doyou really think a person can overcome a strong emotion with a Tony Robbins mind power victory plan?

Let's take a radical situation. A little old sister in the hall has 4 sweet daughters with little kids of their own and this is her world. She believes everyone who's good should go to heaven oneday and she vocalizes it to the point of being DFed from her world. This little old lady has lost her will to live as everything she loved and loved her has seperated forever. Can this little old lady move on?

Yes....extreem, but refine it down to whatever grade you want, and some things in life cannot be forgotten and not felt unless you want to be a Stepford child and act a lie. Regressed feelings prolly aren't a good thing in an exteme situation as this.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit