Woman as Teachers

by sandy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, Valis, it isn't only at the KH that a woman has to put up with attitudes like that.

Blondie

• Carmel
    Carmel

I thought this had to do with the women eating too many bean-filled pita pockets!

caveman

• one
    one

teaching in field serviced, napkin required?

do you remember any old timer woman prophet (teacher)? sometime after the year 30 ce

do that means unbaptized males do not not have usda/wt approved testicles?

btw

women teachers are the best partners...

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    They are not teaching dedicated males

Well of course not! Every woman knows you can't teach men anything!

lol

Sherry

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

This view seems to be associated with the headship business, which is essentially heirarchical and mental. But that would apply to mental teaching. If we talk about spiritual teaching that would be another story, because strictly speaking that is not just a mental process. In this sense it is lived and actualized, not just thought about with the mind in a heirarchical position to command the body. In fact even if (and with some male 'teachers', it is a big if) the mental aspect is well developed, it may be a hinderance in teaching in this sense of lived experience - if the mental stuff is all the guy understands.

This is basically why another view says women are better in nature as far as spirituality is concerned, in that they are more integrated with mind and body. But the basic bottom line is life experience, which is something we can all appreciate. While it's not necessary for someone to have gone through the exact same thing you went through, it is what makes us deeper human beings, and what allows us to understand each other on an intimate level.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

In the OT women are just property they are owned. NT writting atributed to Paul show him to be a contridiction on his view of women,,basically the major portion of it is male domination of women.

So it should be no surprise that as the WT trys to stay close to "Biblical Principles"in that female will be held to the same low asteem,, as property,, as submissive,,as weaker both emotionally and mentally. And besides the Good Old Boys at Brooklyn had a hard enough time letting a black man join their ranks I sincerely doubt they would ever let a emotionally and mentally weaker woman ever join there exclusive club at least not in less than 20 years..

• simplesally
    simplesally

While in the field ministry, the women are supposedly expressing their beliefs to unbelievers.............their male partners are supposed to have already expressed their faith in such teachings, thus the women are not teaching the males ............therefore no headcoverings.

• Mac
    Mac

Women teachers make the best dates.......cuz, they make you do it over and over and over again untill you get it right!!! ;P

• blondie
    blondie
    While in the field ministry, the women are supposedly expressing their beliefs to unbelievers.............their male partners are supposed to have already expressed their faith in such teachings, thus the women are not teaching the males ............therefore no headcoverings.

Yah, I heard that too, but then, why the difference when it is a Bible study with an unbeliever or what about "doorstep" Bible studies? It's all a crock. My husband was the school overseer for several years and wished he could have had some sisters give the instruction talk...he knew they would do an excellent job. Blondie

• sandy
    sandy

Woman do not have to put a napkin over their head when at the door because it would definitely scare off the householder. There would be no possibility of converting anyone in their right mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit