Woman as Teachers

by sandy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sandy
    sandy

1 Tim 2: 11,12 and 1 Cor. 14: 33,34 says woman should be silent in the congegation.

How do the witnesses explain it is ok for woman to give talks and demonstrations in the congegation?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, according to divine direction, it's ok for a woman to speak in the congregation as long as she has a napkin on her head.

• Valis
    Valis

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/women.htm

Some contradictory info here to consider.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Well, according to divine direction, it's ok for a woman to speak in the congregation as long as she has a napkin on her head.

LOLOL! That's the funniest thing I've read all day!!! God, the hoops we used to jump through just because they said to. *shaking head*

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Doesn't anyone else find it humourous to see a JW woman running around frantically searching for a napkin to place over her head just because some baptised teenie bopper with testicals happens to be in the room?

It really is a riot too watch.......

• vitty
    vitty

The two sisters on the platform, are actually only talking to each other. The audience are only "observing" them. The way they get around things is unbelieveable.

How on earth I was taken in for so long is amazing.

• sandy
    sandy

All I have to say to men who try to dominate me is:

"You're not the boss of me!" <-------------- One of my favorite lines from the sopranos (Tony's Russian girlfriend) And from my 5 yr. old niece, which is where I first heard that line.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually a woman does not have to wear a headcovering when giving a talk in the school or a demonstration in the service meeting.

Many a sister has asked why not since they are teaching...but in the WTS view it is "indirectly" to another woman or child or a man pretending not to be a JW. But the WTS then turns around and says that the audience learns from the information presented in the school, so in my view that is teaching. I remember an older sister (80's) who questioned the elders about why no headcovering since she felt it was teaching (twice a year for the last 34 years....)

Think about it, why does a sister not have to wear a headcovering when talking to a person at the door when she is accompanied by a brother? But she does if they go in and conduct a study?

w61 6/1 p. 352 Questions from Readers ***

Are

sisters required to wear a head covering when giving the third and fourth student talks in the theocratic ministry school??D. H., United States.

No, it is not necessary for sisters to wear a head covering when giving these talks. They are not teaching dedicated males but only giving demonstrations of their own teaching ability for the purpose of being counseled. Since this is the purpose of their giving these talks and since the school is under male supervision, sisters are not required to wear a head covering. For similar reasons they would not be required to wear a head covering when taking part in service meeting demonstrations.

• wizedup
    wizedup

Oh. how they can justify ANYTHING!!!

• Valis
    Valis
    They are not teaching dedicated males but only giving demonstrations of their own teaching ability for the purpose of being counseled.

well that's a relief! sheesh.. Why ANY self respecting woman would put up with that attitude is beyond me..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit