Knock Knock ... Good Morning, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses ......

by groovycat. 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis
    Thanksgiving is what I do after making love to a beautiful woman

*LOL* no wonder you never celebrated holidays..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Welcome groovycat . . .I'm new as well. This is an interesting, informative and humorous place. You'll like it here.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    So did I... The longest hour of the week

ONE HOUR...ONE HOUR,

No wonder the rest of us had to work so hard.I always got two hours minimum and deducted my coffee break time.

Boy...Was I ever stupid

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Welcome Groovycat. I hated service I would only get 2 hours a month. My Favorite was when I left a Mag at the laundry mat on my way to work and counted my 45 minute drive as time you do that a few times a month no need to go out in service.

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

LOL ... thanks for the comments.

It's funny how the hour each week managed to promote its self to 12 hours on your report card: Errr, I managed to do a witness at school today ... LIKE YOU WOULD EVER DARE!

Yeah, you're right Valis; nothing worse than seeing one of your friends from school - totally cringe worthy. By the way, I don't stay all that far from Largs.

ONE HOUR...ONE HOUR,

No wonder the rest of us had to work so hard.I always got two hours minimum and deducted my coffee break time.

Boy...Was I ever stupid

Oh how that made me chuckle Poztate.

Thanks a million everyone.

• Mary
    Mary
    In the Autumn of 1621, a gathering took place betwwen the Plymouth colonists and the Wampanoag, an Algonkian speaking branch of Native Americans. The modern celebration of Thanksgiving is (very) loosely based upon this community feast.

Ya but come on.........we jes' KNOW that there's gotta be SUMPTIN "pagan" about it!! Let's see.......were turkeys sacrificed by the Incas to their false gods some time in the past??? There ya go.........if we roast a turkey on Thanksgiving Day, that's no different that throwing them in a fire for sacrificial worship and we are inadvertenly worshipping false gods.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hi Groovycat and welcome!!!!!

I've been out on many Thanksgiving days and Xmas days as well. To me watching the expression of disgust on the householders face, when they opened the door and saw you standing there, was very humiliating. It was like they were saying inside "Can't you people take a holiday break and leave us in peace for just one DAY!?"

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

CC

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"...I left a Mag at the laundry mat on my way to work and counted my 45 minute drive as time you do that a few times a month no need to go out in service."

So that explains all of the magazines at the local laundromat here!

Regards,

Jim TX

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

thanksgiving is as old as humanity. the jews had 3 thanksgiving celebrations every year, one of them being pentecost. a international common date is impossible, because every zone has different harvesting times. only since a few decades some countries have picked a date to celebrate thanksgiving (usually in autumn).

• mkr32208

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit