Knock Knock ... Good Morning, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses ......

by groovycat. 21 Replies latest jw friends

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

Hehe, how I hated Saturday morings!

Hello All, I'm new to the forum!

First of all, I would like to apologise to anyone who had the misfortune of opening their door early on a Saturday morning to me preaching the good news! I was young, I didn't really understand!

Secondly, WHAT A LOT OF RUBBISH!

You might be forgiven for thinking I've only just left, but I actually chucked it 10 years ago, this is just the first time I've been on this site. You can read a bit more about me in my bio.

Just wanted to say hello.

Oh ... and excuse the ignorance, but what is thanksgiving all about?

• Valis
    Valis

Welcome to the forum matey! Eh the worst was when you ran into one of your chums from school in service.

Thanksgiving is about just that. Giving thanks for a good year, good food, good friends, and the freedom to do so without the guilt of some crazy religion hanging over your head. Cheers and welcome to the forum once again.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome groovycat

how I hated Saturday morings!

So did I... The longest hour of the week

• Valis
    Valis

Hey groovy...I just realized where you listed your location. I was in Largs not too long ago!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• TD
    TD

Thanksgiving is an American holiday, a mix of myth and vague history that began in the 1890's. (The current date for the holiday has only been observed since 1939)

In the Autumn of 1621, a gathering took place betwwen the Plymouth colonists and the Wampanoag, an Algonkian speaking branch of Native Americans. The modern celebration of Thanksgiving is (very) loosely based upon this community feast.

• gespro
    gespro

Welcome to the JWD GroovyCat

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Heeey Groovy Cat - Welcome to JWD! The Scottish colony is growing by the day! lol. Hoots mon!

My experience is very similar to yours - I am glad I didn't waste too much time in the JWs.

FF

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am from Scotland too. I am afraid to say exactly where because the elders scare me. I wish I could meet up with you freedom fighter. I need to talk with someone who knows what hell I am going through!!!

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

SBF

Check your inbox -

FF

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanksgiving is what I do after making love to a beautiful woman....I don't know what this has to do with turkeys and pilgrims but I guess if they didn't do what I did WE wouldn't be here. Thanks PILGRIMS!!!! you nasty people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit