w0000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by doodle-v 23 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I didn?t want to post anything about this until I knew for sure (you know, don?t count your chickens before they hatch and all that.). And I?m not one to toot my own horn. So now that I know for sure now I?m just really excited and I wanted to share it with you all. About a month ago, I had a phone interview with the director of the professional services team at an engineering software development company. It sounded really promising and the responsibilities he described were right up my alley. Not only that but the company is growing and there are opportunities for growth and advancement. I?ve worked with individuals at this company before so the names he mentioned I knew right away. I worried a bit when it came time to negotiate a salary, because last time ?negotiations? went something like this:

Potential Employer- So the only thing we need to do now is negotiate a salary, we feel we can pay you (this much)

Me-umm ok, I?ll take it.

This time, I said I need some time to think about salary and I would get back with him. My husband gave me some good advice he said just think about how much you honestly feel your worth, and bump it up a bit so they don?t offer you less, or just give them a range, and make sure the bottom number isn?t lower than the minimum that you?d accept. And when you specify a range don?t be afraid to give reasons like ?Because of the skills I can offer-blah blah?

So although I was a bit nervous I gave them a range I thought was reasonable for my skill level, experience, and education. I?m thrilled to say that they came back with exactly what I was looking for: significantly more than what I make now including incentive bonuses paid quarterly. The benefits are outstanding. There will be some travel because I?ll be working with clients all over the northwest region of the U.S. But when I?m not traveling I?ll be working from home.

I just got the ?official? offer letter and benefits package today. I can actually say that my salary has doubled since leaving the dubs. I?m so happy!

*doing the happy dance* -Doodle-V

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It's nice to hear some really good news like this Doodle. I'm very , very happy for you. Good luck!

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

SP-Thank you!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Yay! Doodle, that's great news! It's hard for us "recovering exJWs" to actually have a sense of worth after what we've been through. We're told all our lives that without the WTS, we're worth nothing. But it's so not true! I'm so glad you stuck up for yourself and laid it out for them to see. I'm sure you'll do great!

Andi - of the "toot-your-own-horn-you-deserve-it" class!!!

• Valis
    Valis

yay doodle!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

Well done, congratulations !

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Thanks guys!

I gave notice that I would be leaving yesterday. My boss was pretty upset.... but he did say he was happy for me.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hey doodle dahling. We should treat ourselves to a spa day.

Tip for hansome masuer: $60.00

Cost of entire day at spa: $600.00

Doubling your income after leaving crack pot religion: Priceless

Congrats doll.

• Been there
    Been there

Congrats Doodle,

Great Job

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

((((((((((doodle!!!!!))))))))))))) I'm SO envious!

Congratulations!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit