tell me about yourself

by bagpuss 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Years ago I worked for American Airlines and one of my jobs was coordinating the international offices. One very sweet woman in the Jakarta Indonesia office took to calling me Big Tex since I lived in Texas. It stuck and other offices started calling me by that name. I've used it on every board I've ever been on.

Chris

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

cuz i'm nutso

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

My first name

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

I'm a do it yourselfer. None of the therapists I have been to have been able to really help me with my suicidal depression. I was seriously considering ECT as a last resort...that or sucking the tailpipe of my bike. It was a live or die situation. I wondered if the JW thingy was the problem (husband from rabid family, both of us un dunked pushers, inactive for 8 years). Got the guts to look at internet, and found out it was!!!! This knowlege has saved my life, my depression was not bio-chem, was situational, and somewhat kindled. We have moved 600 miles from home, so the situation is gone! So is the fear (armageddon, shunning, etc). Also, the resentment is gone! Those witlesses love to foster resentments!

I have spent the last 4 years pretty much alone with infants, (husband travels) so writing my thoughts is an out of shape skill.

I did it myself, and will share the cake (knowlege and a loving life) I've baked with those I love and care about.

for my inlaws - yer damn right I'm a Jezebel! and my man is damn glad!

• prophecor
    prophecor

The name prophecor is a split between the words prophecy and professor. Prophecy denotes my love for history. The lessons that can be learned in prophecy, telling in advance things destined to take place, and wanting to learn from the failures of those suffering who paid no attention to the prophets.

Professor denotes my love for knowledge and although I may attempt to project myself as witty and intellegnt, I am more like the quirky bumbling nutty professor, "Eddie Murphy" type, or the likes of an Einstein so pre-occupied and self absorbed that I can find myself in the middle of a traffic jam with no knowledge as to where my keys are, Oblivious to the Blatantly Obvious.

• JH
    JH

I forgot to put "Christ" at the end of my name.

It would have made Jesus H Christ

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

More about Bagpuss

If I was a Bagpuss character, I'd be Professor Yaffle.

I chose my name to reflect the big chunk of my working life spent in product and process development, technical service, and latterly sales of synthetic iron oxide pigment. Now it is two years since I was involved with that product, but "resinsandadditivesgirl" just isn't as catchy.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am just somebody living in the "country"

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Billygoat was the nick that my father gave me as a child. I was a little on the stubborn side. It's what helped me escape from the WTS.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I chose Poztate as a way of poking fun at the dubs and their paranoid FEAR of all apostates

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit