leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

by jayhawk1 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• esther
    esther

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the board. It is a great help in the recovery process.

You said

I didn't make any true friends in the Congregation. The only friend I had was a "worldly" friend. Today we are still very close.
    While it was sad that you didn't have any friends in the congregation while you were a witness, it will have made it easier for you to leave. Good for you for having a "worldly" friend who is still a close friend. It is also good that your mother is out of the WTS.

I am so sorry about your dad.

esther

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hi Jeremy and welcome

Thanks for sharing your experience. These sorts of things are very painful, but I think without them we might have continued to have walked blindly as JWs.

That stupid beard thing was something that always bothered me from very young, even though I never really wanted to have one. It is one of the finest examples of a petty man-made rule that some people in some congregations can blow way out of proportion if they want to.

But good for you and good for your mother for having the courage to think and to live. I too am grateful for really only having lost a small fraction of my life to them in relation to what some others have lost to the lie.

Even though it is confusing at times, life feels so right now, and so much makes sense now, and the things that don't, I don't feel that they need to.

I hope all goes well on your journey.

Path

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Welcome Jeremy and just remember.....time will heal you.

FEELIN" BEROEAN "Just making sure!"

• cathy4school
    cathy4school

Hello Jeremy, Sorry to hear about your ordeal and believe me when I say most of us have had some sort of ordeal to go through with the group. I wish you the best and take care.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Jeremy,

Welcome to the board! Your story is similar to many you'll come in contact with here. I've enjoyed your posts and look forward to more.

BTW - considering your User Name and a comment or two on other posts, I'm deducing your from Kansas. I was actually DFed from a congregation in Wichita back in 1990. (I'm currently in TX.) Don't s'pose you were anywhere in that vicinity of KS???

Billygoat

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi Billygoat,
    You are right, just a Kansas boy. I live just outside of Wichita.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hmm ... beards huh ? here in the uk elders wear beards - speak from the platform with whiskers ... whiskering ! ... so WHAT IS that all about huh ? ... well i was baptised 1983 and 'fell away' three years ago (long story that i'll relate when i know y'all better) but i've really only just started on the 'road to recovery' - feelings of guilt are still almost overwhelming - but i bought 'crisis' online three days ago and waiting for the delivery - hope to speak to you in the chatroom jeremy - and all you other good people too ...

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

jayhawk1 i'll be your friend man...................and i know everything about the jws cult,because i was one for over 40 years ok?I feel so bad for what you went through.I'm at [email protected]

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Wow, did you notice this was written 8 years ago? I wonder how jayhawk's doing now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit