LittleToe's Travels - Nov 2004

by LittleToe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I graduated on Thursday, as an evangelist
    Wow.. so what does this mean for you?

Yeah.....that's what I was wonderin too. Does this mean were not going to have the same Ross in Seattle? Just remember....if you start any of that preachin stuff, I'm gonna hafta go in Rachels back yard and git some dog poop and throw it at ya. Gumby

• Princess
    Princess
    Actually that reminds me, can you get me details of that neighbouring church. If I get the opportunity I'd like to speak to them about the WTS.

~sigh~ OK

I'll send it to you later, they are in my rolodex for when I have a complaint......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:
    Same Ross
    Now gimme dem darned cookies!!!!

Rachel:
    Thanks.
    Should I tell them who referred me?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I graduated on Thursday, as an evangelist

Congratulations, Ross! Are you being taught any healing? I've an arm and breast that needs it!

Seriously, I'm glad you've found your calling. Claire and I are looking forward to seeing you again 2005.

Love,

Ian

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks Ian. Your use of the word breast will score this thread an extra 100 hits

There were a couple of folks from charismatic churches, at the institute. It was a lively bunch, and the topic of "healing" came up often.

I was going to give you a call tonight. Will you be in?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Will you be in?

I'll be in, but please make sure you don't 'phone while the match is on - United are being televised in the Champions League (the boys are going to see it live)!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ian

• fifi
    fifi

Congratulations on your Evangelist graduation L.T.

so that she could be "normal" again.

This sounds like exactly the same thing my mother said to me when I told her I was pregnant. All she wanted was for me to come back to the "truth" so that we could all be a "proper" family again.

Strange isn't it, peoples' perception of "normality"?

Fifi

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Bridget:

For one thing, it widens out my opportunities to tell lots of people about the JW's.
    Because it's multi-denominational I can get to a wide range of church groups.
    It's just my part in the war, and one that I've not told many about, because I don't tend to like to blow my own trumpet

Well I'm glad to learn this. Good for you, and good luck!

Mrs Ozzie and I have been doing this for the past several years - we've had some great experiences too. Way to go!

Ross:

Now Ross, when you looked at the temp guage, were you wearing your kilt??

Cheers, Ozzie

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I hope to finish my Diploma in Theology and Biblical Studies next year, also.

Ross,

does this mean you'll be signing posts' like er..... ah..... "scholar" does

And telling us all about Wt chronology

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Elderwho:

I'm sure that isn't the case but you raise an interesting point. Y'see as I've pointed out to Scholar (so-called) there are several (maybe many) posters on JWD who don't trumpet their "qualifications" for the world to see but have some degree of humility and decorum. Incidentally, that's part of the reason that this place can be such an eye-opening experience IMO. We have folks from all backgrounds but with a shared experience - the Borg.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit