LittleToe's Travels - Nov 2004

by LittleToe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So the prelude to this wee trip starts with work - doesn't it always.

As part of my recent job change I had to write a paper that needed agreement with most of the local authorities (Health Board, Council - which is kinda like our version of City Hall, etc.) before it gets submitted to the Ministers at the Scottish Parliment at the end of December.

Well, after one long round of consultation (during which I produced a 39 page consultation document), another few weeks creating the first draft (another 27 pages) I was all ready to go to press the next day when I got an eleventh hour email (at 5:30pm, just before I went home). It changed everything! A frantic Friday ensued, before I had to leave everything left with my boss, as I was due to head off for a week.

Needless to say it was still on my mind during the week, even though I had carted myself off to a remote Scottish retreat for a well-deserved break. I managed to get a call through, to see how things were progressing, but that was all (since the cellphone reception was poor and there was no Internet access).

Believe it or not, I didn't miss the Internet at all. I missed some of you guys, but the enforced break did me good

On friday I visited my sister and her wee ones (pics attached) before finally arriving home late Saturday evening. Kia is growing quickly, and Liam is stretching! It was great to see them all.

Funnily enough my brother-in-law had been in a wee tussle with my parents. They had cause to meet up, and one of the ensuing conversations had my mother telling him that she wanted Fiona to get reinstated so that she could be "normal" again. He did his fruit!!! As the conversation progressed she said that she only wanted to see everyone in the same room again, to which he replied "What about Ross?". Apparently she still holds some misguided idea that eventually it'll all work out JW-style

To say he's never had any connection with the dubs, I have to say that he did us proud! He threw a few things their way, and ironically my sister was oblivious to it until he told her on the way home.

So I took it easy, for the rest of the weekend, and finally started posting again today. It's good to be back...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Good to have you back, I know it was only a week but I missed you!

I'd like to hear about your retreat sometime in detail.. I couldn't imagine life with no Internet and virtually no cell phone ..

..oh and your nephews are gorgeous!

• Princess
    Princess

Kai's hair looks red in that pic...lucky boy. Liam is adorable...he's grown a bit since your avatar pic was taken.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Welcome back, Ross! My God you can't deny the family resemblance with that nepphie of yours! Handsome young man, he is........going to grow up to be a handsome, respectable, kilt wearing member of the family!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Apparently she still holds some misguided idea that eventually it'll all work out JW-style

Your mother musta been talking with my mother!

Actually I think both mothers are in denial. They cannot see that there is life beyond the Watchtower.

As the conversation progressed she said that she only wanted to see everyone in the same room again, to which he replied "What about Ross?"

The ball's in her court, isn't it? Again the denial that "they" are the problem, not the one they're shunning.

Anyway, we're glad you're here, Ross - we sure missed ya! Bet you were cold on your retreat, eh? From what the weather reports are showing down here you're in a cold snap.

Never mind, here's something to warm you up.

Cheers, Ozzie

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ozzie:
    It was freezing, literally!
    On the way home on Saturday my car temparature guage read -9*C at one point - Brrrrrr!!!

The retreat was one that I've enjoyed every six months for the last two years, in connection with "Mission Scotland" and sponsored by the "Billy Graham Evangelistic Association". It's been a multi-denominational institute, for emerging Scottish evangelists aged 20 - 50. There was a simultaneous one in England (we were all guinea pigs) but next year the new joint "British" one will start, as will one in Russia, and a few other places.

I graduated on Thursday, as an evangelist
    I'll continue to have the support of a local mentor, for the next year.
    I hope to finish my Diploma in Theology and Biblical Studies next year, also.

It's going to be an interesting year, as I'm currently studying for a Certificate in General Management, to progress my secular career.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I graduated on Thursday, as an evangelist

Wow.. so what does this mean for you?

• Princess
    Princess

It's a trick! The Seattle Post Xmas Extravaganza is really a Little Toe Crusade. We've been bamboozled!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFLMAO

Princess:
    You did get the amp'ed up karaoke machine, right?

Actually that reminds me, can you get me details of that neighbouring church. If I get the opportunity I'd like to speak to them about the WTS.

Bridget:
    For one thing, it widens out my opportunities to tell lots of people about the JW's.
    Because it's multi-denominational I can get to a wide range of church groups.
    It's just my part in the war, and one that I've not told many about, because I don't tend to like to blow my own trumpet

Christian groups are still the one's with the greatest [self-]interest in seeing counter-advertising about the WTS.
    Being as wide spread, as they are in the West, I can reach a group of several hundred with much less effort than all the tracting I might otherwise muster.

I genuinely hope that the WTS may one day come to rue the day that they taught me how to speak publically!
    The Public Talk was just a beginning!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

LT-

For one thing, it widens out my opportunities to tell lots of people about the JW's.
    Because it's multi-denominational I can get to a wide range of church groups.
    It's just my part in the war, and one that I've not told many about, because I don't tend to like to blow my own trumpet

Well I'm glad to learn this. Good for you, and good luck!

I genuinely hope that the WTS may one day come to rue the day that they taught me how to speak publically!
    The Public Talk was just a beginning!
    Yeah, I'm thinking about using that training in the political arena ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit