the holidays are coming!!!, the holidays are coming!!!!

by babygirl 19 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

In all honesty....This will be my first Holiday! My father and his soon to be wife our having my husband and my 2 kids over. My husband and I have only been out doing the whole "fade away thing." It has only been about 4 to 5 months now! However, we are very much against the JW religon and, will never ever be thinking of going back. My mother and my brothers and sister are very much in at this point but I say nothing. I love them and I don't want to loose them. Our choice is to give our kids happy and a great childhhod, and life ect... and being a JW is not doing that!

As of now I am in hiding but I want to give my kids Christmas and Thanksgiving and all other holiday's. I am not ready to come out of my own personal closet only a few people know of my true feelings....My in-laws whom left a few years ago(wonderful support) and my Dad(the best support I have) who also left about the sametime. I am trying to hold it together I might as well put a turley leg in my hand while I am doing it.

Lots and Lots of love to all Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Merry Christmas!

p.s. when I do come out I promise I will play the song by John Lennon War is Over during the Holiday Season!

Brooke WI

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I will be traveling to have Thankgiving with extended family I am very close too. My immediate family seems to have scattered for Thanksgiving. We are getting together on Sunday for a family dinner with turkey and all the trimmings.

For Christmas we are all getting together and spending it at my sisters house. I am really looking forward to it. This will be the first time since the 4th of July weekend that we have all been together.

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Purza and Whyamihere,

Congradulations on having your first Xmas's! We are having our 2nd. We found out last year though, during our first holiday season, that fading out was not an option for us. We had too many people who came by the house to "visit" as well as family that are all JW's. We made the decision to leave ourselves though, instead of them coming to us to ask questions. This year, we are going to decorate the yard!!! Last year we were too afraid to do that. We thought it would be too much for the first time, but we are going to light up the block this year!

Redneckgurl (not being able to figure out how to turn the highlighter "off" once you turn it "on")

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'll eat turkey on 'turkey day', and I'll eat good stuff for Christmas too!!!

Of course, I'll be hanging out with either some of my new network of friends, or perhaps even some of the other 'spiritually weak' friends.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

And the days off from work!!! I'm really looking forward to that!!! I love time off from work!!!

DY

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Well, I thought we were not going to cook all the yummy Thanksgiving food on Thursday, but I learned last night that my kids and my husband were very disappointed over that. So, looks like we will be going to the Parade downtown, then coming home to cook Turkey and all the fixin's for the 5 of us! Anyone in the Houston area need a family to spend Thanksgiving dinner with? You must bring me a bottle of good wine! (I'll supply everything else )

Redneckgurl (Krissy)

• minimus
    minimus

So, what is everybody doing for the holidays??

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Jeah, they are coming, ain't that nice ?

having fun, eating, drinking, getting and giving presents, just enjoying.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I did the whole Thanksgiving thing with distant relatives and other friends. It was a very nice time, a rather casual gathering; good food!

Don't know about Christmas. Probably will do whatever is done at my work place.

DY

• minimus
    minimus

It's sooooo foreign to me. I know I'll give my family presents but it still feels weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit