the holidays are coming!!!, the holidays are coming!!!!

by babygirl 19 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl
    babygirl

the holidays are coming, what will you be doing on those days? with who?.... thanksgiving..... xmas

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

We had our Thanksgiving last month, but I'm going to a Michigan meetup this weekend.

For christmas I'll probably go to my sister's place for and .

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

I don't celebrate holidays. This is one of those times I wanna be a Witness. "Gift-giving" is "pagan".

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

WEll, this is a hard one for us. Our entire family, except for an Aunt and some Cousins I have in Kentucky are still JW's, so my husband and I, and our 3 kids will be doing it alone. Since we have only been "out" for 1 1/2 yrs., we haven't made any friends yet that we are close enough to invite or hopefully invite us over sometime to share with their families. I hope we get to experience that someday. I remember how warm and friendly those days were with family and friends when I was a little kid, before my parents went back to meetings. (they were out for a while)

We are going Downtown for the Parade Thanksgiving Morning! That should be a lot of fun for the kids.

At least I know what to do since I enjoyed these things as a kid!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'm gonna' try to not talk with food in my mouth

• babygirl
    babygirl

Min a.k.a. Scrooge.....Bahumbug!! don't make me send those Ghosts of Christmas past, present & future ...

• Sassy
    Sassy

you sound pretty excited babygirl!! fun!!!

for me.. well my bf and I had wanted to fly home so I could meet his mom and his boys, but just isnt' working out like that for Thanksgiving. I've been sick now for part of a week and it is doubtful I'll even be up to making Thanksgiving at home! I had pneumonia last year so I am fighting this cold not going back into my lungs again!!

My bf said he would help me with Thanksgiving though.. and he is a good cook! so we'll be fine!

I am hoping to get home for Xmas to celebrate with my dad and brother and sister. I'ver very excited about that!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanksgiving - going to relatives from my mother's side of family (actually going to home of the sister of my mother's sister-in-law - would that make her kinda my aunt? i don't know) and meeting most of them for first time.

Chirstmas - don't know yet, depends on if we get snow or much snow here in Indy.

Mrs Jones

• obiwan
    obiwan

Bah-humbug!

• Purza
    Purza

As it has been a "tradition" for the past two years, my best friend (and her children) who is totally inactive, but is still trying to hide it from her kids and family is coming to my house for "dinner". We will have turkey, mashed potates, stuffing. . . basically the WORKS, but we don't call it Thanksgiving -- it is just called dinner. It is actually pretty funny. The other night my friend told me that she still believes it is the troof. Um, okay -- she can think what she wants. As soon as she leaves on Friday, we are buying our first tree and setting up the deer on the front lawn.

X-mas will be spent with my fiancee's parents in Washington State.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit