Kwintestal's Letter of Disassociation

by kwintestal 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

Kwin-

Congratulations! May the rest of your days be filled with joy and peace. You're now a free man, enjoy the freedom!

• Special K
    Special K

You have been busy haven't you, Kwin?

Good job

Special K

• Fleur
    Fleur
    I feel that because of the age I was when I became a baptized member of the Jehovah?s Witness faith, I was unable to make a personal, educated decision that would affect my life indefinitely. Jesus Christ himself waited until he was 30 years old to be baptized, therefore when I made that choice when I was 12 years old, I did so in ignorance, and under pressure from my family, members of the Congregation I was attending and from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society by means of the Watchtower magazine and other printed material, therefore I am annulling my baptism. By this action, I have voluntarily resigned from the Watchtower organization and do not recognize the Society or the congregation elders as having any authority over me at all. Since I have annulled my baptism and resigned from the organization, and therefore no longer profess to be a Jehovah?s Witness, I prohibit you from disfellowshipping me or in any way defaming my character before others, including making a public announcement stating that I have disassociated myself. If I am disfellowshipped or am slandered in any way, I will take legal action against you.

Wow, Kwin, that is great. As another of the baptized under 13 crowd I concur that we had no idea what the hell we were doing.

Unfortunately, when I told similiar stuff to the local elders, they ignored my disassociating myself and df'd me anyway. I guess being the PO's daughter in law meant that I couldn't quit, they were going to fire me no matter what.

Best of luck to you, and all my hopes that for you and Mrs Kwin that life truly begins today. It's like a rebirth. Happy Birthday :)

hugs,

essie

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congrats! It's amazing how they are against baptizing babies yet still baptize 'babies'.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Kwin.

I can understand why you want to get away from the religion(esp after getting dipped at 12!)but do you have to d,a?Can you not just do the ol,fade away?The Da announcement will definitely be made(as is my understanding anyway).

Good luck to you anyway.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Kwin,

What a fantastic letter. I'm saving it for future use if you don't mind. I particularly love the part of being baptised at the age of 12.

Good luck to you my friend.

HappyDad

• Poztate
    Poztate

Kwin,

I hope this will all work out for you.The WT has a nasty habit of stomping all over people who want to get out...esp those who know the truth about the truth.?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Happy Guy. Thanks for the tips. What do you think of changing:

If I am disfellowshipped or am slandered in any way, I will take legal action against you.

To: Any public announcement regarding me may be concidered slander, and I reserve the right to take legal action against any congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses which does so.

I'm trying to get out of the whole DA thing by trying to annul my baptism. If my baptism is annulled, then there is no need to make any announcement. Perhaps I can somehow give permission to make an announcement that my baptism had been annulled, which would at least give them something to announce which will please them, I'm sure. Perhaps I will remove the statement regarding keeping a copy of this letter, since there really is no need for it anyway. I'll bring it to my lawyer before and maybe get him to send it so it's a little more official.

Vittven. I will make that change on the letter. Thanks for mentioning it. I would write a letter to the local newpapers should that happen.

(((Will Power))) Souvenirs are great, but I doubt they'd give them up. Wouldn't hurt to ask though!

jgnat, I will add that too. I didn't think of it, I guess that's just me trusting them too much! One day I'll learn! lol

confusedjw, I'm not sure if I actually will sue. I do have a fairly good lawyer, but so do the WT. I'd have to get his opinion. Proving defamation of character and actuall losses would be tough. Anyone know if there is any precident in Canada for this?

Lawrence, thank you for your support! I am already enjoying my freedom, this will just ensure I keep it.

Special K, I have been busy! It's hard work leaving this cult!

Essie, thanks for your kind thoughts. Hopefully because I have been inactive for so long, they'll be glad to just get me "off the books". We'll see. What's the worse that can happen?

Lonelysheep, it sickens me that they do that, sure other churches do the same, even earlier, but they don't have the same results if someone desides to leave.

fleaman uk, I guess it's a form of closure. It's also so my family take my actions seriously instead of thinking it's a phase, and perhaps will look into things themselves. I hate how JW's say "They know it's the truth, but just don't want to live the lifestyle." That's not me.

Happy Dad, Thanks. Feel free to save it.

Kwin

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Wow. that's some good writing. Should scare the bejeezus out of them.

BUT... and there's always a but...

If "annulling" the baptism isn't a recognized congregational procedure, they won't do it. It can't be done, unless there is a decree from above that would recognize such an attempt. They will treat you as though you DA'ed yourself and legally, they can do as they please. It being a religion, such internal matters are outside the jurisdiction of most Western courts.

But congratulations on taking charge and getting out while the getting's good!

CZAR

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Poztate, Thanks, I hope it works out too!

Czar,

If "annulling" the baptism isn't a recognized congregational procedure, they won't do it.

Well that's what I was wondering. Is there any precident for this? I'm sure that legally speaking, I obviously would have no problem proving that I was pressured into becomming baptized, therefore made the decision under duress. I would also have no problem proving wrong doctrines, and the fact that the same people who pressured me to make these decisions would have kept information from me or not allowed me to look at information that may have changed my opinion. Will that make a difference? I know the WTS doesn't always care much for "Law".

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit