Kwintestal's Letter of Disassociation

by kwintestal 21 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

To Whom It May Concern:

I was raised a Jehovah?s Witness and taught from infancy it?s beliefs and doctrines. I was baptized on (date of baptism here) at the age of 12 years old. This was an uneducated decision on my part, as I was only 12 years of age and was instructed by my family that what I was reading was ?the truth?. I am no longer a 12-year-old boy, no longer under my parent?s instruction and much more informed than I was.

I am writing to express my outrage regarding certain facts I have discovered regarding the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and it?s history that is hidden from members. These facts include but are not limited to its false doctrines, its haughty leaders, its prophesying falsely, and its hypocritical membership with political organisations with political purposes intended.

I feel that because of the age I was when I became a baptized member of the Jehovah?s Witness faith, I was unable to make a personal, educated decision that would affect my life indefinitely. Jesus Christ himself waited until he was 30 years old to be baptized, therefore when I made that choice when I was 12 years old, I did so in ignorance, and under pressure from my family, members of the Congregation I was attending and from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society by means of the Watchtower magazine and other printed material, therefore I am annulling my baptism. By this action, I have voluntarily resigned from the Watchtower organization and do not recognize the Society or the congregation elders as having any authority over me at all. Since I have annulled my baptism and resigned from the organization, and therefore no longer profess to be a Jehovah?s Witness, I prohibit you from disfellowshipping me or in any way defaming my character before others, including making a public announcement stating that I have disassociated myself. If I am disfellowshipped or am slandered in any way, I will take legal action against you.

I would also like to formally request that my name and any personal information the Watchtower Society or any of the congregations that I have previously belonged to including the (previous congregations here) and any other congregations that I may have been a member of at one time or another, be removed from all your records. This request is in accordance with Page 102 paragraph 1 in the book ?Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock? where it states, ?If a baptized person insists that he does not want to be part of the congregation and requests that his name be removed from all our records, we should comply with his request.? This information about me to be removed must include, however not be limited to:

• My name, date of birth, date of baptism, home address, home telephone number, work address, work telephone number, cellular telephone number
    • Any records from the ?Theocratic Ministry School?
    • Any records related to field service and all reports
    • Any records of disciplinary action taken against me in the past or pending
    • My ?Publisher?s Card? and any information contained upon it
    • Any personal correspondence between myself and any party previously mentioned
    • Any correspondence between any parties previously mentioned about me
    • The summary of alleged offence that may be required for you to create (see ?Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock? page 102 paragraphs 9 and 10 where it states, ?However, the committee would prepare a summary of the alleged offences(s) and the evidence of such. This would be kept along with information regarding the disassociation.?)

The only exception to this request is this letter, which may only be retained at the Watchtower headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

If further communication is deemed necessary, please limit such to written letter transmitted via mail service. Any attempt by agents or representatives of the Watchtower organization to communicate with me, be it in person, by associates, by telephone, by email, or any other form other than by written letter transmitted via mail will be considered harassment and I reserve the right to proceed with legal action should it take place.

• blondie
    blondie

Good start.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Ya. Sorry. Some reason it didn't all post. Been edited though!

HA!

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hoo Haw! 3rd times a charm! Got it all now!

Kwin

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Good letter.

Couple of suggestions:

If I am disfellowshipped or am slandered in any way, I will take legal action against you.

You are correct about legal action for slander but under freedom of religious laws they are allowed to disfellowship you. I suppose they would have to do it in a way which doesn't slander you and, no doubt, just by announcing you are disfellowshipped, the mind-controlled congregation will come to their own negative conclusions but you probably would have no reasonable legal recourse for that scenario.

The same would be for this:

including making a public announcement stating that I have disassociated myself

Since that is "in effect" what you are doing

This next part could cause a legal impediment for you in effectively blocking contact if they choose to annoy you:

The only exception to this request is this letter, which may only be retained at the Watchtower headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

Members would have an excuse that they were not aware not to contact you. You would have to add a request that puts the onus on the Watchtower in Brooklyn to see to it that their congregations are aware of your request not to be contacted. They would also likely have a "grace period" to make get this word out and in the meantime you could be bothered.

I am not a lawyer but I have seen legal decisions where members tried to block disfellowshipment. If it is really a large issue then perhaps you might get consult a lawyer.

• vitty
    vitty

Good letter, but I would make it clear that you would take legal action against the local elders not the WT itself.

I heard of stories were they will leave you alone when they are threatened personally.

I mean would you volunteer to make an announcement if you were personally held to account?

Good luck

PS If they did Df you, you could do an article in the local press about the shunning. If every person who was DF did this, made it public, they may reconcider there shunning policy, think of all that bad press.

• Will Power
    Will Power

WOW, sounds like you mean business!

The elders, if removed for not doing their WT JOB, will always be replaced by "organizational loyal ones"

how many copies will there be?

great job - freedom fighter !

• jgnat
    jgnat

Consider how you may get proof that they have destroyed the personal information they have on you. Perhaps a destruction certificate signed by two witnesses, perhaps one of them a neutral third party?

• Will Power
    Will Power

OR, they cold just give you the whole thing, what a souvenir that would be eh?

wil

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

When they announce that your have disassociated yourself, will you sue? I wonder how much that will cost? Perhaps they will just privately inform people rather than announce it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit