?'s for Believers in God

by chappy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I am very much a believer in God, I do view myself as a spiritual person as well. I do not attend religeous gatherings, my husband is reformed Jewish and so we do attend services on Friday once in a while. I find the sermons upbuilding and spiritually motivating. I try and stay connected by meditation and prayer I also love my time outdoors and being a part of nature. I believe God is in everything all around us, however one feels the need to make that connection with Him is personal and should not be judged by anyone. It is important that we live our lives honestly and to be kind and tolerant of one another. The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination. - -- Mahatma Gandhi

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    The various religions are like different roads converging on the same point. What difference does it make if we follow different routes, provided we arrive at the same destination. - -- Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi: a true man of God, who professed to being a Hundu, Muslim, Christian, Jew. I wonder if he had met any Bahai? One of my favorite stories is a deciple of Bahaulah (sp) was speaking before a crowd. A person in the crowd asked how many ways there were to God. The deciple answered "there are as many ways as there are people". Bahaulah interrupted and gently told the speaker he was incorrect, that "there are as many ways to God as there are breaths". Aho, Mitakuye Oasin (all my relations) Brenda

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Dear Aguest,

Thank you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Please, please... do not take this the "wrong" way, but instead consider the "spirit" in which I share it with you:

2 Corinthians 9:15 Revelation 11:17 Psalm 92:1, 2

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... you and your entire household... to time indefinite... if you so wish it.

I bid you the greatest of love and peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ (Luke 17:10)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit