I'm so very very sorry.

Chris

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

(((jgnat)))....thinking of you..

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

((((HUGS))))

All my love, support, comfort, best wishes, hope and positive energy for JGNAT and please do not give up on miracles, suprises or turnarounds. The human spirit is remarkable and please give her strength, show her love and move her spirits with joy, especially laughter and be hopeful.

Don't give in and don't give up! FIGHT BACK!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Jgnat,

Love and hope go to you...and I know it's hard but try to keep positive. You've got a lot of friends praying for you.

-BONEZZ

• nilfun
    nilfun

I'm so sorry, (((Jgnat)))

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((Jgnat))) My heart goes out to ya, cher....all my good wishes!

Perhaps a program for the following info can be found at a local teaching hospital?

Rense.com

Antibiotic (Doxycycline)
    Can 'Turn Off Cancer'
    From Dr. Alan Cantwell, MD
    [email protected]
    10-11-4
    Regarding this BBC News report, October 10, 2004........
    For more than a century a small group of researchers, including myself, have implicated bacteria in cancer (see my book, THE CANCER MICROBE, Aries Rising Press). Now it turns out that a common antibiotic -- doxycycline -- can turn off a gene in mice that leads to liver cancer.
    Let's hope it doesn't take another century for scientists and physicians to follow up on this, and to explain why they keep ignoring cancer-causing bacteria. For more information on "cancer microbes" -- go to google.com and type in those exact words.
    Regards,
    Alan Cantwell, M.D.
    Antibiotic Can 'Turn Off Cancer'
    BBC News
    10-10-4
    Scientists have shown that a common antibiotic can turn off cancer cells in mice, offering hope of new treatments for cancer patients.
    The antibiotic worked by turning off a gene called Myc, which is known to trigger cancer.
    Mice remained cancer free for as long as they took the drug. When it was stopped they developed liver cancer, the Stanford University team found.
    Cancer experts said the Nature study held promise for human cancer drugs.
    Cancer Switch
    The findings might also apply to cancers of the breast, bowel and prostate, the researchers hope.
    This is because all of these cancers, as well as liver cancer, begin in cells that line the body called epithelial cells.
    According to Cancer Research UK, the gene may contribute to as many as one in seven cancer deaths.
    The Stanford scientists studied mice whose liver cells had been altered to carry a modified Myc gene known to cause cancer.
    Myc controls cell division. Unlike the normal version of the gene, the modified version stayed permanently switched on, meaning cells were constantly dividing and some became cancerous.
    Feeding the mice the antibiotic doxycyline turned the faulty Myc gene off so cancer growth was blocked.
    When the researchers stopped the doxycycline the mice developed aggressive liver cancer.
    Reintroducing doxycycline into their feed not only turned Myc back off, blocking further cancer growth, but it also turned the cancer cells back to normal.
    Reversing Cancer
    Lead researcher Dr Dean Felsher said: "The exciting thing is you can turn cancer cells into something that appears to be normal."
    But he said even though the cells looked normal, they still had the ability to become cancerous if the antibiotic were to be stopped.
    This could explain why some cancers come back after people have had chemotherapy, he said.
    "This is a terrible cancer. Anything that is encouraging in liver cancer may be important," he said.
    Dr Elaine Vickers, science information officer for Cancer Research UK, said: "The Myc gene is known to be overactive in many types of cancer.
    "Estimates suggest that the gene may contribute to as many as one in seven cancer deaths.
    "This research is very interesting.
    "It adds to the weight of evidence suggesting that drugs blocking Myc might be effective cancer treatments in the future."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/health/3726124.stm
    © BBC MMIV
    Disclaimer

Email This Article

MainPage
    http://www.rense.com

This Site Served by TheHostPros
  • Panda
    Panda

JGNAT, I think I've heard about the anti-biotic Frannie Bananie mentioned. There is so much more than surgery that can be done these days. I have one young friend in her 20s who is in remission from her cancer right now. She has been well for over 6 months. But of course every case is different. Definitely get to the nearest teaching hospital, they won't be afraid of the new ideas. Hugs to you and your stepMom, Panda

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((Jgnat & Family ))) I'm sorry for what you have to go through ... best wishes

• mouthy
    mouthy

jgnat (((((HUGS)))) so sorry to hear the news. Know you & her are on my prayer list

Love ya Hang in there love !!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Loving, healing thoughts sent your way for stepmom!

Hugs to you, too!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit