Marking...?

by Gill 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

This is too funny:

In view of the vast numbers of loyal brothers associating with God?s congregation today, likely it will be seldom that Christians are obliged to ?mark? a disorderly brother.

So then why do they do it all the time?

Notice that being loyal (to the Organization) = ineligibility for "marking". However, disloyalty, in the various forms it takes:

• questioning doctrine
    • boycotting meeting attendance and field service
    • publicly embarrassing JWs as harbouring pedophiles (ie, Dateline, the fifth estate, Panorama)
    • asking about the WTS's UN-NGO status
    • talking about unloving treatment at the hands of other JWs
    • taking a job that interferes with meeting attendance/field service participation
    • taking courses to prepare for a job that may interfere with meeting attendance/field service participation (and pays you better than what the Alpha-elder earns)
    • being outspoken about unethical practices among elders (particularly if you do not have a penis, in which case you will also be called a "Jezebel" in addition to being "marked")

is grounds for being "marked".

Love, Scully

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I sorta took all this information years ago and looked at it like this. And I can tell you that taking this tack with an elder is a conversation stopper.... shuts em right up.

If someone was "bad" for me...I should leave a little distance.... Kinda like common sense tells all of us to do. A private matter not unlike selection of personal freinds

I read the 'shunning' scriptures to mean if someone was openly denied the grace of Christ the congregation should avoid him openly.

Now. I got this down to 2 sentences...the WT ties up millions of words and ends up destroying people. Brooklyn never read the parts where Jesus said its all about 2 laws did they?

------------Hill ('nuff said class)

• Dansk
    Dansk

When Claire, the boys and I left the Borg the elders quickly arranged for a twenty minute talk on apostasy to be given four days later, at the service meeting (we were informed by an insider). My family and I, without being named, were effectively marked but not disfellowshipped. The elders knew what they were doing. They knew we would be shunned - which is exactly what happened!

This is us on hearing the news:

Their loss

Ian

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I do it - if I see someone with short hair and shaved, carrying a little black bag, with their head tilted more up than down.

• shamus
    shamus
    I'm sorry, but if people limited their contact with me because I was considered "spiritually weak" for wearing a certain style of clothes or hair, or indulging in certain entertainment, do you really think that would make me feel 'ashamed and perhaps awaken me to the need to conform to Bible principles'? More than likely I would feel lonely and left out, depressed and would stop coming and therefore become even more "spiritually weak

BINGO!

People get left out because they wear open shoes to meetings. Or any little thing that they can pick on you for. Is your suit the latest JW fashion? Is it double breasted, single breasted, or whatever frigging style it happens to be? Does it have three buttons, or four? Is your hair too short? Is it too long? Is it dyed? Is your hair out of place? Do you wear a hair clip?

Assosiate with whomever you wish, and mark whomever you wish. Any non-conformity will result in no friends, no life, and depression.

Fortunately, I did not buy into they're philosophy. I figured if they were that stupid then I could have 'worldly' friends. And I did.

KLS,

Hey. I"m doing fine. Just keeping away from the internet to keep my sanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit