Whats Your View on most JW's

by XBEHERE 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Good topic.

I'm with those that really don't care what JW's think about our postings. I'm a better person for not belonging to any religion, and especially I'll fight to the death protecting my precious grandchildren from their hatefilled and hypocritical ways. Life is touch enough sorting through without having to sort through a lifetime of deceit and shunning.

There are times when I sound hateful myself...but only I can correct my thinking. There are times when I cry reading about what others have experienced at the hands of JW's. There are also times when I relapse for just a moment into thinking that perhaps my family really does love me. BUT...their very actions betray them.

Thanks goodness sites such as we have here are available for venting, healing and moving on with a good life.

GL

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Do Witnesses care about hurting the feelings of non-Witnesses when they paint them with such broad strokes? What about in that song "Make the Truth Your Own?"

"The world and its friendship you'll lose"

Please note, the italics are not mine. It gives me the creeps how hatefully that term is italicized, as if the writers were ensuring we sing it disdainfully. And what did the Pharisees call those who didn't share their beliefs?

People of the earth.

People of the world?

Worldly people!

If Witnesses think all others are misguided at best, headed to a brutal death at the Big A at worst, then its only fair they understand others see them as misguided at best, brainwashed at worst.

• At last the truth
    At last the truth

I am not or ever will be a JW .

My partner was / is ?? . From talking to her it strikes me :-

1 ) No interlectual discussion what so ever is tolerated . The Congregation is not permitted to engage in " normal " education .... this would enable the "followlers" to be able to think for them selves!

2) She was the subject of molestation from her Grandad , Dad and was in an abusive relationship with her husband . When she asked for help from "The Elders" she was told to go and pray for HER forgiveness .

Post Jimmy Saville who will start the wheel spionning to the Watchtower ?

Yous

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Good thread.

I have to be honest.... some of the postings I have read would tell me that the society is absolutely correct about "apostates" they are bitter and upset over what men have done to them.

I understand that. There are some very bitter and angry postings, but that is also understandable because many people have suffered a lot due to the shunnings, and others here are still "in" even though they know that it is absolutely not the truth.

What's my view on most JW's? On the whole, I think of them as individuals, so I don't have an overall view. But by and large, until proved otherwise, I am friendly when I meet them. As I wrote elsewhere, here, locally, some shun me, some look embarrassed but are civil and polite, and some are openly really friendly, obviously pleased to see me, and keen to talk.

So basically I give them the benefit of the doubt, assume they are friendly until proved othewise, and by and large I feel sorry for them because they have got themselves stuck into a tyranny.

Because that's what they are. Subjects of a tyranny. So I feel sorry for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit