Whats Your View on most JW's

by XBEHERE 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am not brained washed into thinking that the WTS is Jehovah's "organization".

Fairmind, I appreciate this, and happen to think you are a rarity amoung practicing JW members. Are you baptised? Are you a Ministerial Servant or Elder? If not in "management" how are you viewed by "management"? I doubt "they" would approve.

Hugs

Brenda

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry..

So what is your view of JW's in general. Are they deceived, brain-washed, people in need of help to realize the truth or Are they callous, cold hearted, and self-righteous losers?

SOME are. Some will make it a piont to be nasty for no reason at all.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was half way through a long post, but I guess I ran out of steam. I can't be bothered. I'll leave it at this:

Since I left the watchtower, I have learned to stop hating.

Walter

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Well said Walter

I have enough problems with non jws i dont think i could muster up the emotion to pay them anymore attention.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    4) Have read the Bible more?

Gee, that's your solution to everything. Read the bible more. The Watchtower makes another false or unverifiable statement, read the Bible more, your child is getting molested by the elders and you want to take it to the police and the elders don't want it to taint the church's name... Read the Bible more. Your elders are looking down on your interracial relationship.... Read the Bible more.

Instead of leaving your confusing and often times even offensive religion, you're told to read the Bible more.

Well, I've taken your advice beforehand, and look what nice gems I've found.

Genesis

God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects appear (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

The first men had incredibly long lifespans. 5:5, 5:8, 5:11, 5:14, 5:17, 5:20, 5:23, 5:27, 5:31, 9:29

God tells Noah to make one small window (18 inches square) in the 450 foot ark for ventilation. 6:16

According to this verse, all animals fear humans. Although it is true that many do, it is also true that some do not. Sharks and grizzly bears, for example, are generally much less afraid of us than we are of them. 9:2

I can go on, but this board can only support so much bandwith.

• one
    one
    So what is your view of JW's in general. Are they deceived, brain-washed, people in need of help to realize the truth or Are they callous, cold hearted, and self-righteous losers?

if a reality check is being nasty, let it be. BUT the quote above is equally and totally true. Since this topic is an intention to help, i beleive, is NECCESARY to go to the root of the problem, and that is, first of all, making an assesment about the personality and capabilty of the affected person (jws) involved.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Since I left the Watchtower, I've learned to try to live my life one day at a time and not try to depend on "Saviors".

• heart2heart
    heart2heart
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am not brained washed into thinking that the WTS is Jehovah's "organization".

The last few years I have felt similarly. At first I was sure that it was God's org... but then I saw how much they put the org. above God and my perspective changed. I do feel that most JW's are honest, good people, and have a lot of faith, even if it is blind. I stayed in the organization for a while because of the usual JW responses "everyone's so happy" "the worldwide brotherhood" "they use the Bible" "they teach Bible standards" etc., and when I first left I struggled with the scripture where Jesus told his followers about the Pharisees (correct me if I'm wrong) "Do as they say and not as they do". But, just as I left the Roman Catholic church 8 years ago, I couldn't stay with an organization that was so hypocritical. I think JW's have lost their "thinking ability", and their normal human reasoning, but are not aware of it. It could be that many are like I was - searching for answers and when given answers to my little questions, I readily accepted everything that came after that as solid, infallible. I feel that JWs are a product of the WTS, but this is so well hidden from them (I know it was from me).

I think everyone has the right to believe what they want, and I don't want to push what I've learned about the "truth" on my JW friends and family, but I don't know how to do that without the consequences of being pushed aside. How do you argue with someone that the information you have is worthy of their attention when they think you've abandoned God (because you've left "his visible earthly organization") and they think that any info outside the WTS is tainted by Satan himself? It's heartbreaking to see the control that this group has over people.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

(((2)))

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

THE WBTS AND ITS LEADERS ARE BY DEFINITION, CALLOUS, COLD HEARTED AND SELF RIGHTEOUS.

THEIR PUBLICATIONS REFLECT THIS IN THEIR OPINIONS OF THE WORLD OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION.

SUCH AS PREDICTING THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, INCLUDING BABIES AND CHILDREN ARE TO BE KILLED BY THEIR GOD AT ARMAGEDDON.

AGAIN IN THEIR HATEFULL USE OF SHUNNING "TO THE EXTREME" THAT BREAKS UP MARRIAGES AND FAMILIES. THEY USE THIS EVEN IF THE ONLY CHARGE IS DUE TO SOMEONE ONLY SAYING " I DON'T AGREE " WITH THIS TEACHING.

THIS TEACHES AND TRAINS THEIR MEMBERS TO ADOPT THE SAME ATTITUDE.

THIS IS WHY THE JW'S ARE SO BITTER AND HATEFULL IN THEIR RELATIONS WITH FAMILY THAT HAVE BEEN DF'D.

SO IF PEOPLE ARE THIS WAY FOR A TIME AFTER THEIR ESCAPE OR EVEN FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE, WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT???

ITS A SAD, SAD SITUATION AND IT IS CAUSING OR AT LEAST EXACERBATES THE ATTITUDES AND FEELINGS OF THE ESCAPEES.

AS THEY GROW THEY OVERCOME THIS INSTALLED TRAIT AND TREAT OTHERS AS THEY OUGHT.

BUT IF CONFRONTED BY THIS HATEFULL RELIGION AND ITS BELIEFS IT WILL NATURALLY TRIGGER THEIR ANGER. SOME CAN CONTROL IT AND SOME CAN NOT.

THIS IS HOW HUMANS ARE.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit