so, who here believes the Bible to be completely true?

by hmm...interesting 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I used to believe the bible was truth. But when I discovered some very critical inconsistencies, the whole thing began to reek of fakery.

To be more specific, just to describe a few in detail:

1. The very first commandment given was NOT to "eat" of the tree of knowledge of (you know the drill). The bible is made of paper from trees, and contains knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

2. The ten commandments contains one in which ppl are ordered NOT to make an engraved (graven) image of anything that is on the earth, below the water or above the earth in Heaven. God was reputed to have engraved those ten commandments in stone with his own hand. Moses went on thereafter to write images via printed words, saying that the other commandments, some even having to do with ppl's manner of dress(???? like why would God care?).....of numerous laws......on scrolls that have been printed as engraved images, which is what words printed in books by a printing press ARE. This was in contradiction to that commandment NOT to make any engraved images. And yet Moses was lauded and glorified for his work (Mosaic Law).

3. People worship the book and the words in it, rather than God, who doesn't reside in the pages of a book (also referred to as "leaves").

4. Jesus made the same promises to his followers that the serpent in the garden was alleged to have made to Eve. "You will not die"/"Many now living will not die at all."

• shotgun
    shotgun

Frannie

Moses was a fine man who only listened to "I am" threatened to set his bush on fire again

I like many here believed it to be true but once the WT layed in ruins I investigated and critically studied the bible which also now lays in ruins...if it was the word of God it should stand upto critical examination, which it does not. It like almost everything else tied to any religion requires a leap of faith and denial of facts.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Triple A:

I have never questioned that the Bible is true.

Perhaps you should. Do you accept everything you read without question?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I would only believe, at least the New Testament if it were proven that Extraterrestrials exist, since Jesus was one. I consider the Old Testament a book of fables, or a bunch of guys chowing on those funky mushrooms in the desert and writing about what they see.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

The Bible shares the same patterns as all other 'Holy' books (i.e the Book of Morman, the Koran, Eastern texts, Summarian texts etc.)

Supernatural events of long-ago in places far, far away.

And just like all of the other religious texts, the generous accounts of fantastic miracles, divine interractions and mystical powers, for some strange reason, cannot be duplicated today...... strange coincidence eh?

I beleive its an oral history sprinkled with mysticism and lore.

• Mary
    Mary

How can any of you possibly question whether the bible is true??!! I can prove it's true using only one scripture:

Jeremiah 25: 27

"...The is what Jehovah of armies has said: Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that you cannot get up because of the sword I am sending you..."

There, now how can any of you doubt the bible's truthfulness after reading that.............oh yea of little faith!....

• kls
    kls

Oh Mary ! now i am a true believer and thanks for a good reason to drink,,,,,,,,yeasss i am a believer.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Frannie - that was an awesome post....I'll be pondering it all day!

If I believed that the Bible is what it claims to be - I'd have to believe that God is MEAN and a bit confused. My spiritual experiences tell me that is far from true. So, no - I don't believe it. It might have useful parts though. Just as the Koran and other books have useful parts.

The NWT is definitely a bastardized version that the mean bible gd will be very angry about!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Moses was a fine man who only listened to "I am" threatened to set his bush on fire again

I like many here believed it to be true but once the WT layed in ruins I investigated and critically studied the bible which also now lays in ruins...if it was the word of God it should stand upto critical examination, which it does not. It like almost everything else tied to any religion requires a leap of faith and denial of facts.

LOLOL, Shotgun!

And....I totally agree. If it were true, it would stand up to critical examination. I think now that I know....it's kinda "spooked", yanno?

Frannie

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Frannie - that was an awesome post....I'll be pondering it all day!

If I believed that the Bible is what it claims to be - I'd have to believe that God is MEAN and a bit confused. My spiritual experiences tell me that is far from true. So, no - I don't believe it. It might have useful parts though. Just as the Koran and other books have useful parts.

Well, Bubba.....I got sidetracked in that second paragraph about what Moses wrote.....I meant to complete the thought that while Moses admitted in his memoirs that God told him NOT to make any engraved images, Moses went on to transcribe (engrave in writing) many laws alleged to have been given by God, in contradiction to that commandment about NOT making any engraved images.

Do ya think, Bubba, that maybe Moses sneaked a chisel and hammer under his robes when he went up on the mountain? He was up there for a lonnnnng time, yanno.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit