so, who here believes the Bible to be completely true?

by hmm...interesting 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Ozzie!!!

Oh yes, it's been horribly cold here. Plus moral has dropped and tolerance is far to be found ... I suppose you heard that as well. But we'll survive (i hope).

Pls give my regards to Mrs. Ozzie.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

There are sections of the bible which promote cruelty and violence. I know it is not true.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I beleive the bible is completely true.

I beleive that Santa Claus gives out presents at the Mall.

I believe in fairy god mothers.

I believe in Thor the mighty god of thunder.

I believe in Peter Pan, Snow White, and the Easter bunny.

There I think that about covers it.

Do I have any proof ? No I just believe after all,, faith needs no proof.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Oh hell no!

• Soledad
    Soledad

absolutely not.

• Triple A
    Triple A

I have never questioned that the Bible is true. But I always question interpretation of the Bible, it must be consistent with the Bible as a whole.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess it depends on which translation you are using . The fundamental truths I believe are self evident . I strongly believe that the bible is one of the most altered books in the history of man do to the lack of integrity during it's reproduction . It has to be the most copied book ever .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It has been preserved all these years.

That is to be heavily debated.

This is the only part of the bible that I believe:

"He that does not love has not come to know God because God is love." 1 John 4:8

• missy04
    missy04

Triple V said: I have never questioned that the Bible is true. But I always question interpretation of the Bible, it must be consistent with the Bible as a whole. That's exactly my opinion. I beleive in the Bible. ~Sarah

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The KEY WORD here is believes, belief is a leap of faith. That I no longer have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit